Director – Business Development
The Director is responsible to ly promote and position IQ EQ Group’s (the Group) brand in view of developing and growing new sustainable business (including identifying cross-selling opportunities) to enhance the Group’s revenue and profitability.
To promote the Group’s (principally IQ EQ South Africa (the Company) product offering of Fund, Corporate, Private Wealth and Family office business and enhance visibility of the Group in targeted markets, to capture new business opportunities. Primary focus will be Fund Administration services, with Corporate, Private Wealth and Family office considered secondary.
To position the Group (principally the Company) as a service provider of choice, especially for South African related business whilst maintaining and developing introducer relationships in view of generating new business opportunities and revenue.
To assist the Business Unit (‘BU’) with timely billing of clients as part of on-boarding process and for recovery of overdues in timely manner.
- To contribute towards revenue growth of the BU’ and in meeting the sales target of the BU
- To be actively involved in achieving the Company’s financial targets and generate incremental new business
- To provide support in developing and reviewing the BU’s strategy
- To contribute in devising new strategies and tactics to grow the business especially in South Africa
- To build a pipeline of targets comprising of funds (primary focus), corporate and private wealth, and family office business
- To ensure effectively business trips’ planning and timely provision of feedback report post business trips
- Conduct market research, client and competitor analysis to identify new business opportunities
- Attend various conferences and related events as networking opportunities
- Reaching out to fund managers to promote fund administration and global offering
- Actively engage with business partners to receive introductions into the fund management/ fund promote space
- To prepare/assist in preparing RFPs, technical and financial proposals for clients as well as presentations, marketing materials and any other relevant collateral required
- To ensure that the Company brand and reputation is maintained to the highest standards and also ensure that sales and revenue generation practices are consistent with the high standards of client service for which company is known
- To develop and build relationship with a network of introducers both locally and overseas in order to increase new business opportunities and revenue
- To provide support in implementing new sales and business development initiatives in view of identifying new opportunities and seek referrals from clients. Responsibilities include execution of sales strategies, closing of sales propositions and meeting sales targets
- Identify target markets/ clients and complete detailed planning to win new business
- To manage seamless handover to client directors and Business Implementation team to on-board new clients
- To manage introducer relationships via proactive & coordinated planning
- To identify clients’ needs and product gaps and liaise with product specialist in order to develop appropriate solutions
- To ensure close interaction with the product specialist and develop close relationship with the team to support the business engagement
- To work in close collaboration with client directors and operations team to ensure the highest levels of client service
- To ensure effective cooperation / liaison with key stakeholders across the Company and the Group
- To be constantly abreast of latest sector / market development as well as regulatory changes and transfer the knowledge to colleagues
- To work in close collaboration with other members of the BU and product specialist to manage enquiries, RFP’s, proposals, etc.
- To ensure adherence to relevant policy, licences, regulation & legislation, including cross-border business solicitation awareness & requirements
- Ensure protections of information assets of IQ-EQ MU and to abide by the ISMS in place at IQ-EQ MU
- Key competencies for position and level
- Customer focus
- Communicates effectively
- Organisational Savvy
- Builds Networks
- Business Insights
Key behaviors we expect to see
In addition to demonstrating our Group Values (Authentic, Bold, and Collaborative), the role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Good Negotiation Skills
- Market prospection
- Relationship Building
- Taking ownership
- On-time delivery
- Revenue; Cost to Income Ratio; PAT, Client satisfaction feedback; Brand profile and visibility; Profitable new clients/structures; Increased market share; Global distribution & channel management
Education / professional qualifications
- Degree holder and/or related Professional qualification.
Minimum 6 years’ relevant working experience in relevant field. Proven experience in the financial services industry, specifically the alternative funds space and should have an established network within the funds industry.Additional information
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.Company description
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group that combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices, and private clients operating worldwide.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.