Intern - Assurance, Audit Analytics Technology
Intern - Assurance, Audit Analytics Technology (5-6 months)
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunities: your next adventure awaits
As part of our External Audit team, you’ll experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning, and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients, and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well, this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
You will be an integral and trusted member of the Assurance team where you will perform dual roles in helping drive data analytics and automation solutions for the business and supporting audit work. As such, be expected to support the team in engaging the business to identify improvement and innovation opportunities. In doing so, you will play an important role in improving the quality of the audits and enhancing the value we bring to our internal and external clients.
Periodically, you may also be assisting with the design and contents of our internal newsletter.
Skills and attributes for success
- Passion for analytics (including visualization) and automation
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Good written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating team members on progress
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the audit client's environment and with the use of technology
- Integrity within a professional environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- Currently pursuing a degree in Accountancy, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Studies, Analytics related studies (or as majors)
- Data analytics (including visualization) / data management knowledge or experience
- Good project management skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Some knowledge of Alteryx and Power BI / Tableau
- Basic programming knowledge (e.g. SQL, Python, or VBA)
- Some experience in automation (e.g. UiPath, Power Automate)
- Some experience with Microsoft Power Platform (e.g. Power Apps)
- Basic knowledge of cloud-based platforms (e.g. Azure)
- Basic knowledge of big data technology (e.g. Spark)
- Innovative and client-centric mindset
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume
- Latest copy of your university transcript containing all the modules you have taken in the University
- Optional: A copy of personal profile report such as MBTI and StrengthsFinder done with the institute/university
Only applications with a complete set of data and documents will be considered.
- Applicants must be able to commit from 4 Dec 2023 to Apr 2024 (we are open to part-time arrangements of a minimum of 3 work days a week)
- Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis
- We regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way, and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose-driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, and who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborating with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients, and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching, and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
Want to get to know us better?
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.