Financial Reporting, Officer
Who we are looking for
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individuals with a keen interest in learning about and accounting for complex investment transactions and structures in a dynamic, challenging and fast-paced work environment. Your success will be facilitated by the leading-edge technology infrastructure supported by well-developed procedures and controls. We offer you a challenging career in a rapidly expanding international company with a professional, yet casual, work environment.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Financial Reporting Officer you will:
- Deliver the highest quality of client Plans, schedules, and manages the daily workflow of client relationships. Maintains strong client relationships. Evaluates and recommends process improvements, resulting in better client service and cost reduction.
- Plans, schedules, and manages the daily workflow of one or more client relationships.
- Ensures timely and accurate production of financial statements and related regulatory filings, as applicable, for each client.
- Plays an active role in managing the relationships with clients and State Street coworkers.
- Sets clear client expectations.
- Oversees the effective coordination of activities with other departments.
- Ensures all personnel are appropriately selected, thoroughly trained and given timely and complete performance evaluation feedback.
- Ensures all controls and procedures are adhered to as well as recommends for changes.
- Facilitates the successful start-up of new funds and conversion of new clients. Ensures thorough and proper planning.
- Ensures effective use of reporting system and makes recommendations for system enhancements.
- Remains informed of regulatory and reporting requirement changes and new industry and competitor developments.
- Evaluates staffing needs while continually striving for greater efficiencies.
- Develop internal training classes with the training liaison.
- Completes other special projects or tasks assigned.
- Plays a key role in staff management.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident and decisive
- Ambitious and energetic
- Strong work ethic - flexible and adaptable
- Can-do attitude with high energy
- Self-motivated with a passion for learning and growth
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Must have a minimum University degree in a related field (Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, etc.)
- 6 plus years’ experience, Experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills necessary.
- Accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) a plus.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.