Manager - Methodology
DescriptionWhether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career in our Assurance Auditing Services Methods and Tools practice, within Assurance Support services, will provide the opportunity to support our engagement teams and clients by providing advice and counsel on accounting, financial reporting, and strategic business issues. In joining, you’ll help ensure a complete and relevant exchange of information among our consultants and in turn with engagement teams and clients, provide experts advice on a variety of specific topics, support engagement teams in resolving complex issues, and supporting clients and their subsidiaries in evaluating the potential impact of accounting and reporting standard setting initiatives. You’ll develop strong relationships with our engagement teams and established audit clients and enhance our ability to meet greater investor expectations with the challenges of an increasingly complex business environment.
Our team works closely together to ensure quality and consistency throughout the Assurance practice by developing tools, guidance, and training. You’ll provide engagement team support, inspection support, and pre-issuance reviews along with supporting PwC in the standard setting process.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Perform hot & targeted reviews on selected engagements, ensuring implementation & application of relevant Methodologies
- Handle Methodology related inquiries and offer solutions to the engagement teams
- Assist in the rollout of the global methodology guidance
- Prepare internal communication materials for the Practice
- Work with practice representatives to identify territory-specific methodology & reporting needs / assist in developing plans and materials to address these needs
- Work with other Assurance support functions for assurance-wide projects
- Assist partner's role in the global methodology and relevant working groups
- Develop and review trainings to support the practice on emerging auditing standards
- Advise on inspection-related processes to meet the regulatory standards
- Minimum of 5-6 years (M) or 7 - 8 years’ (SM) experience in the Assurance practice (either in External audit or IT Audit)
- Degree in any discipline and/or a professional accounting qualification such as the ICAEW / ACCA / MICPA-CAANZ / CPA Australia
- Possess strong knowledge of auditing standards
- Good writing, communications, and presentation skills
- Technology savvy
- Proven and high-performance track record
- Ability to work with people of all levels
- Demonstrates strong strategic & conceptual thinking skills
- Demonstrates ability to build effective teams and develop direct reports
Additional application instructions
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificate and Transcripts from SPM onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size picture
Travel RequirementsNot Specified
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?YesFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.