Senior Bookkeeper, ease Cloud Accounting Services - Agriculture
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our ease Cloud Accounting Services team as a Senior Bookkeeper. This diverse team of professionals are dedicated to exceeding clients’ unique needs within a rapidly evolving business and financial reporting landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll use cutting-edge technology to deliver a full suite of services, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping, financial reporting and payroll administration.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Administer full cycle bookkeeping for MNP clients in a fast-paced environment
- Prepare and maintain payroll and related government remittances/filings, recording of sales, accounts receivable, expenses, accounts payable, payroll and Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) transactions
- Prepare T4s, T5s and Records of Employment
- Provide support and training to junior bookkeeping team members
- Perform the month-end and quarter-end close process
- Maintain, monitor and reconcile GL accounts including cash, bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued liabilities and intercompany and point of sale (POS)/system uploads
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies and discuss with supervisor or engagement partner to develop resolutions
- Monitor work in progress and file budgets; identify out of scope opportunities
- Communicate with governments regarding information requests, assessments and installments
- Liaise with clients on administrative matters and provide functional advice to other team members
- Work collaboratively and develop and maintain relationships with clients and team members
Skills and Experience
- Certificate or diploma in business administration or accounting is considered an asset
- 3 years of full cycle bookkeeping experience
- Experience working with cloud accounting software such as QBO or Xero is preferred
- Experience preparing T4s and T5s
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and processes
- Experience working with desktop software such as QuickBooks Desktop and Sage 50 is beneficial
With a focus on high-potential earnings, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards that support our unique culture and a balanced lifestyle to thrive at work and outside of the office. You will be rewarded with generous base pay, vacation time, 4 paid personal days, a group pension plan with 4% matching, voluntary savings products, bonus programs, flexible benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment, firm sponsored social events and more!
We embrace diversity as a core value and celebrate our differences. We believe each team member contributes unique gifts and amplifying their potential makes our business stronger. We encourage people with disabilities to apply!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.