Reporting into the Audit Manager, or equivalent, the Audit Associate I undertake specific stages of audit work under supervision and familiarizes themselves with the underlying principles behind the tasks assigned to him as part of the audit plan, making adjustment to the application of skills to improve the work tasks or solve audit issues.
When it comes to working in a team, the Audit Associate I is able to build relationships, work cooperatively and identify ethical issues with reference to the code of professional conduct and ethics. He/She is also able to select and apply from a range of known solutions to familiar problems and takes responsibility for his/her own learning and performance.
- Assist the Audit Senior in performing audit and assurance engagement activities, undertaking specific tasks in the planning, execution and delivery stages of the audit under supervision.
- Perform tasks on audit and assurance engagements in compliance with the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards, Singapore Standards on Auditing, Singapore Companies Act and the Ethics Pronouncements in Singapore.
- Review financial statements in accordance with the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards, Singapore Standards on Auditing, Singapore Companies Act and the Ethics Pronouncements in Singapore.
- Execute assigned engagement-related tasks under supervision, including tests of controls, analytical procedures, substantive tests and collection of evidence to corroborate information as part of the audit program.
- Validate the accuracy of information accompanying the audit report, perform data analysis and identify significant accounting and auditing issues present in the data.
- Act in accordance with the Singapore Standards in Auditing, Ethics Pronouncements in Singapore, the Singapore Companies Act and the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards when providing audit and assurance services.
- Identify ethical conflicts in the work environment.
- Ensure compliance with the firm's quality control procedures.
- Be a team player, working cooperatively and communicating effectively in the work environment.
- Identify areas for personal development to improve work performance.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Accounting degree or Completed professional accounting qualification.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- MS Office Suite
- Open-Source Research Tools
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.