Finance/Accounting Graduates - Associate 2
What you will be responsible for:
- Retrieves and monitors availability of prices for designated portfolios
- Gathers appropriate backup, maintain spreadsheets, contact brokers, and print various exception reports to support the pricing process
- Interacts with third parties as necessary
- Interacts with clients in a limited capacity for time critical issues during the pricing window as agreed to with Client Operations
- Reviews and validates all daily activity in an accurate and timely manner, and maintains all required controls to ensure overall accuracy
- Performs the necessary due diligence to ensure all pricing sources are reviewed, analyzed and compared/contrasted before relevant information is released to Fund Accounting and the client.
- Works in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other shared services/COEs and Client Operations to ensure seamless pricing valuations according to the fund’s policies
- Supports the research and resolution process for exceptions and inquiries
- Monitors and identifies halted/suspended domestic and international securities and notifies the Senior Specialists, Fund Accounting and the client appropriately with detailed information
- Provides information needed to prepare financial statements and reports for client, shareholder, director and management reports, in an accurate and timely manner
- Reviews corporate actions
- Performs in depth research and analytics on security price movements and fluctuations in foreign currency outside established tolerance levels. Research includes, but is not limited to, analyzing index movements, accessing relevant news items that may pertain to a specific market, region, sector and/or issuer, and/or contacting the broker/dealer community and or client for additional insight
- Supports and assists supervisors with special projects and fielding questions and requests from Fund Accounting, auditors and the client.
- Reviews specialist work/output to ensure the necessary due diligence is performed.
- Remains familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise
- Maintains records in support of audits
- May perform other duties as requested
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and a focus in Finance or related field preferred; 1-2 years of related experience
- Must be detail oriented and deadline driven
- Proficient in MS Office
- Adhere to company policies and guidelines
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills (ability to prioritize)
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.Salary Range:
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.