Custody Servicing, Client Service Consultant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Asset Servicing, Custody group within Global Fund Services is comprised of multiple service teams that service over 1,400 client appointed investment manager relationships and over 400 self-managed client relationships in North America.
The Custody Consultant reports to the Client Service Manager and is responsible for maintaining and sustaining client and client appointed IM relationships, delivery of daily service, managing operational risk, interfacing with internal partner areas to address issues, assisting with the implementation of process improvements, acting as a technical resource for members of the team and acting as an escalation contact for internal and external partners.
Additionally, the consultant is looked upon to demonstrate their leadership on the service team by working on relationships of greater complexity and difficulty, as well as offering support, mentoring and training to new hires and representatives. In this fast-paced environment, it is critical for the consultant to possess the necessary developed time-management and analytical skills to successfully navigate the organization, as well as utilize a multitude of proprietary tools, resources and applications to resolve inquiries and time sensitive issues. The role requires great attention to detail, adaptability and the aptitude to perform in a multi-task environment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with assigned investment managers, or clients, and internal Northern Trust partners or groups to better understand the needs of the investment manager, or client, and articulate those needs in order to collaborate on query resolution, process improvements and other service enhancements
- Serve as the primary resource for Client Service Representatives for their questions and workload management; act as their first point of escalation for day-to-day activities
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication.
- Resolve complex inquiries and escalations where expertise is required to interpret policies, guidelines, and/or processes. Facilitate solutions that ensure operational excellence.
- Interact with various internal partner groups to aide in or facilitate in the resolution of issues and inquiries across the many global markets the investment managers or clients invest.
- Develop and maintain strong technical knowledge of all systems and applications required to effectively service investment managers, clients and/or internal Northern Trust partners
- Stay informed of changing market conditions and procedures as advised/provided by internal communications or management
- Adherence to all applicable risk management standards, policies and programs to ensure Northern Trust operates with integrity and transparency in the markets where it does business.
- Actively involved in ongoing training for new hires and other members of the service team
- Analytically and procedurally competent, representing the team on cross-function process or project deliverable.
- College degree or relevant work experience in client servicing; financial services preferred
- Prior Asset Servicing, Custody experience preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment where adaptability and multitasking are critical for success and development
- Knowledge of general investment, finance and business concepts, usually acquired through formal education or experience, is preferred
- Knowledge/experience of Northern Trust systems and applications, where applicable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal abilities
- Critical thinking, analytical problem solving and organizational skills are required to identify and resolve issues, as well as to enhance ongoing personal development
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.