Client Executive, Asset Servicing/Insurance
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Client Executive within the Insurance Solutions Group at Northern Trust manages and cultivates a client base comprised of existing and high potential insurance clients. Has ultimate responsibility for the retention and growth of assigned client portfolio across Northern Trust. Establishes oneself in the insurance marketplace and is involved in defined prospecting. The Client Executive provides client-specific advice-driven solutions that solidify current relationships while exploring and capturing additional opportunities.
- Manages complex master trust, custody/ asset services clients.
- Evaluates, designs, implements, and oversees clients' total relationship plan.
- Ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the relationship including worldwide custody and other asset servicing needs, investments, banking, credit, insurance investment accounting, treasury management services and proper introductions to Wealth Management as appropriate.
- Reviews individual client relationships to determine the banking, asset servicing, and investment needs of clients; anticipates and creates opportunities for enhancing these client relationships.
- Places emphasis on relationship building and participates in development of new solutions to client needs, brings in experts when appropriate, and closes the sale. Ensures smooth delivery of new services and communicates emerging needs.
- Initiates regular, ongoing dialogue with clients and clients' advisors.
- Counsels clients on emerging financial / industry issues, new bank products and services, and the general environment.
- Discusses impact on clients’ activities and the bank’s services.
- Manages client profitability. Understands the competitive environment and anticipates opportunities.
- Develops pricing strategies and works with the team to enhance profitability.
- Coordinates / leads Northern Trust wide relationship reviews in order to develop client-specific strategic relationship plans and assess progress in meeting the goals set forth in the plans.
- Interacts with and involves bank senior management in reporting client servicing activities / issues.
- Provides management with defined reports highlighting client profitability, contribution and any servicing gaps.
- Escalates issues appropriately.
- Provides input regarding team members' performance with respect to their overall contribution to team results.
- Participates in new business efforts and defined prospecting with insurance companies.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- General knowledge of trust/asset servicing products, investments and insurance segment specific issues (e.g. various insurance company pools of assets, insurance investment accounting, unique reporting/ structure requirements).
- Broad knowledge of Northern Trust, industry issues and a strong understanding of the insurance client base, prospects and competitors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Interpersonal skills, negotiation, delegation, and sales are necessary to service the client relationship.
- Leadership and organization skills are required to determine clients' needs and assess resources needed.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in relationship management, new business development and client servicing with significant exposure to banking, asset servicing and investments for insurance companies.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.