IFRS Senior Accountant
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
Join our continuously growing team, which employs over2.200 professionals in Greece, and is listed in Greece's Top Employers for 2023! Experience greatflexibility,under our hybrid operating model across our offices inAthens, Patras, and Thessaloniki, while benefiting from personalized learning and career development opportunities. We prioritize diversity, equity,and inclusion, fostering an environment where everyone's unique perspectives are valued, that supports you in building an exceptional experience for yourself, and abetter working world for all.
We are currently seeking a professional to strengthen our IFRS Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team. In your first assignment you will work closely with one of our clients, to provide:
- Accounting advice on financial reporting matters such as technical accounting, design or review of accounting policy manuals and financial statements under IFRS
- Ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness and accuracy
- Perform month-end closing tasks in accordance with IFRS, e.g., accrual posting and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Monitor and ensure that accounting tasks are performed as per established policies and processes
- Record accounting transactions such as revenue, expenses, fixed assets, receivables in accordance with relevant statutory regulations
We are looking for ambitious, proactive and self-starter professionals at experienced Senior rank to drive the growth of our team.
Why Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) be right for you?
Our roles are varied but we come together to achieve similar objectives for our clients; everyone has a different part to play. Whether you have experience of a specific industry, advising clients or teams on complex IFRS matters, advising clients through IPOs and debt raising or regulatory reporting, there is a role for you.
Our clients look to us as trusted consultants, and as a FAAS professional, you will be at the heart of that goal. As FAAS professional you will have a great opportunity to expand your technical knowledge and skills, working on challenging projects for major corporate and financial services clients in Greece as well as major clients abroad and frequently work with other service lines. At the same time, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the FAAS team during a time of exciting growth.
You will be provided with the opportunity to further develop your expertise, differentiate yourself from your peers and be part of a dynamic and growing part of the firm.
You will be building strong relationships with clients, working collaboratively to achieve their goals and demonstrate your ability to deliver high quality service. You will have a great opportunity to expand your technical accounting and financial reporting knowledge and skills, act as the IFRS specialist working collaboratively with audit and advisory teams on different projects across industries, including on complex business transactions.
Our team is very diverse representing a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
You will be part of a team where you will receive exposure to some of EY's most diverse and exciting clients and be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Your work will be recognized and rewarded, and a solid career will lie ahead of you.Sounds interesting?
Skills and attributes for success
- Fostering an efficient, innovative and team-oriented working environment by maintaining cooperative relationships that lead to open communications and sharing of information
- Collaborating effectively with Managers and Senior Managers at the planning, execution and wrap-up stages of FAAS engagements
- Building strong relationships with clients working collaboratively to achieve their goals
- Demonstrating positive attitude, professionalism, teamwork competences, project management and leadership skills and high level of self-motivation and desire to exceed expectations
- Illustrating critical thinking and ability to work in a multi-tasking and results-oriented working environment with keen attention to high quality and accuracy along with strong appetite for development
- Embracing technology to continually enhance service delivery
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Excellent academic background including a bachelor and/or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other appropriate academic major
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one (ACCA, ACA, CFA, CPA, SOEL)
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience in an IFRS department at a large accounting firm or as an IFRS accountant at an established firm.
- Very good IFRS knowledge, strong technical skills, ability to research IFRS technical issues and recognized risk management ability
- Practical experience with systems e.g., SAP highly desirable
- Professional acumen in analyzing complex accounting issues and providing solutions in accordance with the relevant accounting standards and legislation
- Strong analytical skills that enable you to think out of the box and come with good ideas to help our clients address their complex accounting questions.
- Substantial knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English and the ability to explain specialized concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Results-oriented approach with keen attention to high quality and accuracy
- Ability to work under tight timelines.
- Flexibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally
- Completed military obligations (where applicable).
Working location: Athens (hybrid)
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration package:You’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Depending on your experience, our comprehensive rewards package includes benefits that suit your needs including cutting-edge technological equipment, ticket restaurant vouchers, a private health insurance scheme, life insurance, income protection and an exclusive EY benefits club that provides a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
- Flexible working arrangements:We operate under a hybrid working model, which is defined based on both your own preferences and team’s needs, and we enjoy our summers with short Fridays.
- Personalized learning experience and career development:We provide free and unlimited access to educational platforms and EY Badges, support certifications, and provide coaching and feedback, as a part of our Leadership & Development process, all of which can lead to a meaningful impact and success as defined by you.
- Transformative leadership:We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture:You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- International Experience:Become part of international projects and work along multicultural teams, through our global network.
- Above all, you will be working in one of the Top Employers in Greece for 2023, awarded by the Top Employers Institute.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.