Finance Analyst - Retail Product Finance
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services (RBS) Finance acts as a partner to the Retail Banking Services business unit and other business units (our customers) to help them succeed with the Bank’s goals and their business unit responsibilities.
Retail Banking Services Finance forms part of the Financial Services business unit whose vision is to make a difference on the things that matter.
The principle responsibility of the role would be to deliver and own finance insights and analysis to facilitate operational and strategic decision making for the Everyday Banking business unit. Critical to the success of the role is leveraging cross-functional relationships to ensure that performance analysis and insights provide lateral perspectives across customer and shareholder perspectives. This includes working closely with relevant stakeholders across the Retail Product Finance team and Everyday Banking Product teams.
Do work that matters
- Preparation and input into the monthly performance reporting for designated product portfolio/s, including financial control deliverables and continual improvement of reports
- Ongoing forecast and budget preparation for Everyday Accounts & Retail FX portfolio and others when required, providing driver based analysis to management and variance analysis
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and input required by key stakeholders (e.g. CFO, GM Finance, EGM product, GM product) including information for the profit announcement/ analyst briefings
- Assist with regular financial and business analysis of the product portfolio, including insights on business drivers, market dynamics and the competitive landscape where relevant
- Assist in providing financial input on business assumptions for investment initiatives, product launches and major business decisions ensuring financial rigour is consistently applied
- Assist with managing scheme & interchange arrangements of external scheme providers
- Actively contribute to process improvement, simplification and cross skilling across the RBS Retail Product team
- Create and promote a customer focused high performing team culture, including ongoing knowledge transfer of the quantitative and qualitative drivers of the portfolio
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Graduate qualification in Finance/Accounting or related discipline
- Post graduate qualification preferred (CA/CPA, MBA, SIA)
- Experience in financial performance analysis (management reporting/forecasting)
- Proficiency in financial modelling and trend analysis
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and critical thinking skills and commercial acumen
- Strong team mindset
- Proven ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 07/12/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.