Ocorian is one of the largest providers of fund, corporate and private client services in the market, recognised by our clients and the industry for exceptional client service and value and known for strong and sustained growth. We have five core service lines: Global Funds, Capital Markets, Corporate Services, Private Client and Regulatory & Compliance.
We manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20 locations; this scale offers all our people significant opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Being part of the Luxembourg Desk in Mauritius and provide support and assistance to the Luxembourg Capital Market department.
To accurately process accounting records and prepare financial statements and management accounts in accordance with the designated accounting framework(s).
Conduct the following within prescribed deadlines:
- Responsible for a portfolio of clients engaged in securitization, structured finance and private debt vehicles and maintaining client relationship.
- Develop and maintain a process to ensure the timely delivery of client accounting requirements in relation to financial reports and accounts for all entities in allocated portfolio.
- Review and understand funds flow around capital market transactions- financial instruments, loan agreements, notices, distribution calculations.
- Bookkeeping, preparation of financial reports, working papers and regulatory reports including annual accounts and notes mostly based on LuxGAAP.
- Attend board meetings and other client meetings to present accounts and discuss accounting related matters.
- Preparation of Tax and VAT returns.
- Assistance to senior team members on daily tasks and other administrative tasks
- Liaising with third parties.
- Liaise with the appointed Auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables.
- Assist the Manager and other members of management team, providing daily support as requested.
- Ensuring working papers and checklist for each deliverable is prepared & kept (in cases of reviewing work) to the required Ocorian standards and/or agreed upon procedures
- Assist with ad hoc accounting tasks or projects as and when requested
- Preparing budget for client deliverables
- Escalating of any client matter/issue/complaint to the Assistant Manager/Manager promptly
- Provide accounting service to clients in various jurisdictions within the Ocorian Group
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information on Ocorian, its clients and employees at all times to safeguard the professional reputation of Ocorian, its employees and its clients.
- ACCA/ACA fully/partly qualified and/or having first degree in accounting field or qualified by virtue of relevant experience in Finance industry and or Accounting/Auditing experience.
- Finance Industry and or Accounting/Auditing experience within or with exposure to Capital Market is desirable.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2/3 years’ of accounting experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of IFRS. Knowledge of LUX GAAP and other relevant accounting frameworks is an advantage
- Ability to operate most accounting software
- Well versed in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Professionalism and ability to win the respect of clients.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to interact with colleagues at all levels.
- Flexibility to adapt as the role or the company develop
All staff are expected to embody our three core values. These values underpin everything that we do and reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful.
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.