At Sedulo we are building a world class team to deliver our mission to make positive change in the communities we work in. We do this by:
- Working with our clients to transform their business and personal finances Connecting and contributing to the business community in the cities we are located in Working with charities by volunteering, fundraising and influencing change both now and in the future through the Sedulo Foundation Being a great place to work and develop your career
At Sedulo we embrace a holistic and innovative culture with diversity and integrity at the heart. We are working to build an open and inclusive environment which supports the needs of all our team members.
We are looking for people to join the team who want to deliver beyond expectation and get results. Whether this be through embracing feedback, creating fulfilling relationships with colleagues and clients, being genuinely interested in their work, or by simply being the best version of themselves. At Sedulo, we know how important it is to create an environment for positive change, both in work and in the communities, we work within. This is demonstrated through our persistent commitment to charitable projects and a strong focus on innovation in everything that we do. You can make an impact at Sedulo, not only through delivering amazing work, but also through participating in the charity campaigns we run throughout the year. Alongside all of this, our events team ensure we also have a lot of fun – with countless wellbeing activities and events being hosted at all our offices every week!
We understand that to be a world class organisation, we must embrace uniqueness and choose courage over comfort. Everything we strive to be is grounded in our core values: Personable, Integrity, Holistic, Innovative and Deliver Beyond Expectation.
Reporting to the Senior Management Accountant and the Head of Management Accounts, the Junior Management Accountant will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts. This role encompasses a range of financial tasks, including bookkeeping using accounting software, reviewing, and preparing VAT returns, and building client relationships.
- Collaborate with the Senior Management Accountant and Head of Management Accounts to prepare monthly and quarterly management accounts, providing insights that contribute to strategic decision-making Conduct precise and comprehensive monthly bookkeeping using accounting software systems, such as Xero and Sage, to ensure accurate financial records and data integrity Review and meticulously prepare VAT returns, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and guidelines Assist in the analysis of financial data, identifying trends, discrepancies, and opportunities for improvement for our clients Stay up-to-date with industry best practices, accounting standards, and regulatory changes to ensure compliance and adaptability.
Your Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in finance, Accounting, or a related field or Entry-level experience in finance or accounting roles is preferred
- Proficiency in using accounting software, including Xero and Sage, for bookkeeping purposes
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy in financial reporting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to interact effectively with clients and team members
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality
- Basic understanding of VAT regulations and familiarity with tax compliance
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn, and a collaborative team player
What we offer
- A company mantra of having fun together, getting results together and giving back together
- A bespoke training and development plan with the opportunity to expand and diversify your skills
- 26 days holiday, company pension scheme, health care plan, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefits and access to our in house Wealth Planning and Mortgage departments
- Smart working and agile working hours including the ability to work remotely for up to 20% of your contracted time
- Ability to work away from home remotely for up to 4 weeks per year, great for extending a trip to see family or making the most of warmer climates
- All expenses paid annual social trip overseas
Our aim is to encourage and support all applicants during the application process, if you have any reasonable adjustments that you will require, please do not hesitate to get in touch via people@ sedulo.co.uk.