At Sedulo we are building a world class team to deliver our mission to make positive change in the communities we work in. We do this by:
- Working with our clients to transform their business and personal finances Connecting and contributing to the business community in the cities we are located in Working with charities by fundraising and influencing change both now and in the future through the Sedulo Foundation Being a great place to work and develop your career
We offer a full range of services from the inception of the business concept, throughout growth of the entity and on to exit strategies. There is no typical clientele; we work with start-ups through to multinational, listed companies.
At Sedulo we embrace a holistic and innovative culture with diversity and integrity at the heart. We are working to build an open and inclusive environment which supports the needs of all our team members
We are looking for people to join the team who want to deliver beyond expectation and get results. Whether this be through embracing feedback, creating fulfilling relationships with colleagues and clients, being genuinely interested in their work, or by simply being the best version of themselves. At Sedulo, we know how important it is to create an environment for positive change, both in work and in the communities, we work within. This is demonstrated through our persistent commitment to charitable projects and a strong focus on innovation in everything that we do. You can make an impact at Sedulo, not only through delivering amazing work, but also through participating in the charity campaigns we run throughout the year. Alongside all of this, our events team ensure we also have a lot of fun – with countless wellbeing activities and events being hosted at all our offices every week!
We understand that to be a world class organisation, we must embrace uniqueness and choose courage over comfort. Everything we strive to be is grounded in our core values: Personable, Integrity, Holistic, Innovative and Deliver Beyond Expectation.
We are looking for a strong year end accounts preparation senior with a practice background. You will work closely alongside the year end accounts Manager and Directors to undertake year-end accounts preparation, and deliver any adhoc advisory work to a varied client base.
The successful applicant will have the autonomy to shape their own career within a tight-knit, innovative environment with the support and guidance of the wider year end accounts team.
You will relish the opportunity to deliver a world class service to a varied portfolio of clients and will enjoy acting as a mentor and coach to a small, dedicated team of trainees, semi-senior and newly qualified staff.
- Complete year-end accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
- Assist in the training and development of junior staff members through mentoring, coaching and providing technical guidance
- Review the work of junior staff members and ensure that review points are clearly fed back
- Contribute to weekly team meetings to discuss client deadlines, workload/planner and billing targets.
- Attend client meetings, building excellent working relationships and actively highlighting any cross-selling opportunities for the wider Sedulo group
- Assist with the ongoing review and improvement of internal processes and procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Qualified in either ACCA or ACA (or equivalent) or be QBE with experience within a practice environment where main duties have related to statutory year end preparation
What we really need
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Confident in working with clients at all levels and experience in building strong client relationships
- Organised, efficient with a genuine interest and willingness to make a positive contribution
- A strong desire to coach and develop team members
- Flexible and proactive approach to work and the ability to work under pressure
What we offer
- The opportunity to work with some of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the country
- A bespoke training and development plan with the opportunity to expand and diversify your skills 26 days holiday, company pension scheme, health care plan, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefits and access to our in house Wealth Planning and Mortgage departments
- Smart working and agile working hours including the ability to work remotely for up to 20% of your contracted time
- Ability to work away from home remotely for up to 4 weeks per year, great for extending a trip to see family or making the most of warmer climates
- All expenses paid annual social trip overseas
Our aim is to encourage and support all applicants during the application process, if you have any reasonable adjustments that you will require, please do not hesitate to get in touch via people@ sedulo.co.uk.