At Henderson Loggie, we truly believe that our people are the heart and soul of what sets us apart from the rest. Our unique approach revolves around collaboration, approachability, and most importantly, a commitment to delivering outstanding service to our clients.
We're excited to share that due to our continuous growth, we're on the lookout for a new member to join our team as an Audit Manager. Our Audit division spans across various sectors, guaranteeing that each day brings new challenges and experiences. As an Audit Manager, you won't just manage your own group of clients; you'll also play a vital role in nurturing and guiding our trainees to help them flourish in their roles.
As an Audit Manager in Henderson Loggie, you will play a key role in discussions centred around process enhancements, strategic planning and decision-making.
If you're someone who thrives in leading and supporting others, and if you've successfully fostered cultures of excellence and achievement, then you might be the perfect fit for this role. Our ideal candidate is a natural people-person with a knack for bringing out the best in their team, all while maintaining a focus on high performance.
What does this role include?
The role is varied, and responsibilities include:
- Planning and allocating work to the audit team, ensuring that they understand their responsibilities, and supporting the team from planning through to completion
- Reviewing all work received within agreed timescales, ensuring that any issues arising are referred to audit staff for completion before any outstanding key issues are drawn to the attention of the Partner
- Providing quality, timely feedback at the end of assignments, identifying any areas needing further development and giving positive and constructive feedback to ensure improved future performance
- Engaging with clients directly on technical and auditing/accounting judgements, responding to enquiries within agreed deadlines
- Dealing with day-to-day staffing/office responsibilities which may include onboarding new staff, co-ordinating ICAS and ACCA training needs, coaching and mentoring trainees
- Supporting Partners/Directors in tenders and other work-winning opportunities
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will:
- Be fully qualified CA/ACCA or equivalent Experience in planning and leading audits
- Experience of managing/supervising staff and ability to inspire, coach and develop the team
- Excellent relationship builder and communicator Excellent IT skills and comfortable using a variety of computer packages
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- Organisational skills, including ability to work within tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent technical knowledge and a proactive approach to CPD
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work Strong and motivated team player; ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and clients
Why develop your career with us?
We are a born and bred Scottish firm, established in 1909, and we believe in giving back to our local communities. We raise money throughout the year for various charities, we give all staff one day for volunteering per year, we are also sponsor the Courier Business Awards and two budding ice-skating athletes based in Dundee ice arena.
When you choose to develop your career with us, you're choosing a firm that truly cares. Our team members describe us as a medium-sized firm with a small-firm feel, where you're in charge of your own growth and development. We've even established our own Training Academy to support our staff in reaching their personal and professional goals.
What you can expect:
- A competitive salary 35 days holiday per year & Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Hybrid/Flexible Working Policy
- Generous pension contribution and life insurance scheme
- Continuous training and support via The Henderson Loggie Training Academy
- Birthday gift and Perkbox – discounts on supermarket, travel, retail, leisure and much more
- Professional Subscriptions Team and office wide social activities Enhanced paid leave (Maternity/Paternity/
- Adoption/Bereavement & Compassionate Leave & Company Sick Pay)
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Henderson Loggie is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join our Firm.
If you're looking for a place where you can thrive, where your journey is in your hands, and where growth isn't just encouraged but celebrated, then we're excited to welcome you into our firm. Your journey to greatness starts here!