Middle Office, Officer
AIS Middle Office Operations Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for:
Responsible for producing results of daily operation review to confirm health of portfolios for trading, reporting and performance. Under the direction of the AVP, monitors client for issues associated with cash, settlements, ad-hoc processing, and client reporting and performs pre / post cycle reviews. Expected to work to identify exceptions and escalate issues once appropriate research has been completed. This person will be highly regarded with an excellent track record in his or her current environment and must be a strong, decisive, results oriented individual who can develop and manage relationships.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Middle Office, Officer you will
Communication and stakeholder contact
- Provide support for and effectively communicate both home site and local managers and teams
- Manage relationships with internal clients (other State Street offices outsourcing to Hangzhou) at appropriate levels to ensure continued confidence in the Hangzhou office. This will include late night and early morning conference calls across all time zones.
- Responsible for key operational metrics, SLAs, KPIs
- Become familiar with our global product offering
- Perform an overview function for Middle Office, identifying operational trends issues and areas for improvement.
- Perform work independently, within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Assist the team in handling and resolving issues involving all operational and IT areas (e.g. New Client Onboarding, Trade Operations and Client Reporting)
- Maintain clear and effective communications with immediate colleagues and managers.
- Position requires the ability to analyze, diagnose, design and implement solutions to data quality issues.
- Building relationships with internal and external parties with the goal of resolving various issues and discrepancies.
- Arranges and/or participates in conference calls which can include sensitive or confidential client interaction.
Training, People Development and knowledge management
- Develop and monitor individual development plans for key people in the team.
- Address the queries from the team and provide guidance and support from technical perspective, responsible for SOP set-up and review
- Responsible for the direction and training of managers, succession plan
- Improve and build training mechanism for hedge new starters, knowledge management and experience sharing
- Support internal rotations and succession plans within the Unit
- Lead improvement and transformation projects collaborating with home sites and Hangzhou Hedge Unit Head, serve on committees and task force assignments
- Working with teams on productivity and efficiency improvement
What we value:
- This role requires strong communication, staff management and client serving skills as well relevant industry experience.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or above in Accounting, Finance or Economics related field; Finance background is preferred.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of Middle Office and/or Back Office support experience, including 1 to 2 years of managerial experience.
- Hedge fund administration industry experience essential including familiarity with trade process, Bank loan allocation methodologies, hot issue allocations and management company record keeping.
- Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to gain consensus and communicate progress.
- Flexible working hours be required.
- Experience with Geneva System is a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite Literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.