Middle Office, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
This is the AIS Middle Office Assistant Manager role responsible for managing the daily operations of the team, participate, and working closely with higher management in order to meet the business unit goals and objectives.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration, and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Middle Office – Senior Associate, you will:
- Work/review on pricing/trade-related tasks on a daily/weekly/monthly basis for designated clients in the team, drive through Bank Loan function setup in HZ, take proactiveness on process/task standardization & optimization
- Assist manager complete the flow of daily operations and be the subject matter expert for the process. Be able to professionally resolve issues and provide help to colleagues, maintain healthy relationships within the team. Monitor the deliverables, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of deliverables;
- Involve team daily operations, be able to stay aware of potential risks and make improvement of the process; work closely with manager and timely provide feedbacks and valuable suggestions; confidently and efficiently communicate with the home site, maintain a good relationship with home site;
- Update and maintain procedures for all tasks/activities and work with the Manager to ensure all corporate compliance, risk policies, and SOPs are adhered to by the team;
- Be accountable for all the assigned tasks, resolve complex issues, and escalate as needed acting with a sense of urgency to meet required deliverables;
- Build a collaborative relationship with inter-departmental contacts and achieve business goals;
- Assist Manager in making enhancements to the daily operating model; be active of taking responsibility in supporting projects, migrations, etc.
- Coordinate On-The-Job training for staff members and assist the Manager with staff development and succession planning.
What we value:
This role requires strong communication, staff management, and client-serving skills as well relevant industry experience.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or above in Accounting, Finance or Economics related field; Finance background is preferred;
- Minimum 2 years experience in financial services, fund accounting, and/or a middle/back-office operations environment; big four/ accounting firm/ fund house work experience is preferred;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to priorities under pressure; adapt to work under a given timeline;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Detail-oriented, owner’s mindset, logical thinking, strong learning ability, sense of responsibility and teamwork are required;
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit; effective communication, organizational, and negotiation skills;
- Self-motivated, creative, and efficient in finding solutions to complex, time-critical problems and strong analytical ability.
- Experience with Geneva System and Bank Loan product type is a plus.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers, and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live, and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance, and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. Our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.