If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
This is an entry level financial operations role that exists to support the collection or recovery of monies due to Expedia Group from partners or suppliers. You would work with local teammates and market managers across the organization to research and resolve payment related issues.
What you'll do:
- Crafts relationships with our partners to collect their debt, mainly by phone, but also via email or chat
- Effectively builds relationships and collaborates with business partners internally and externally to improve processes and meet departmental expectations, deadlines, and targets
- Direct interaction with external customers and partners but has limited scope and is transactional in nature
- Able to discuss invoice disputes/queries with various departments from client’s side to determine ways to reach agreement and mutual satisfaction
- Persuades the client to switch to company’s preferred payment methods
- Receives routine information requests and ensures information is accurately retrieved, formatted, and distributed to the requestor
- Understands company polices related to confidential information and ensures all data privacy guidelines are followed when distributing financial and personal information
- Uses basic information management tools (e.g., online folder management system, paper/hard copy files) and system data queries, and follows prescribed processes to retrieve requested information
- Utilizes standard filing systems and processes to store information/files
- Shows an active interest in own work and suggests improvements to current ways of working
- Demonstrates motivation and drive to perform tasks until personal goals are met and desired results are achieved
- Executes tasks in a timely manner without being asked; independently drives work to completion with minimal instruction
- Accurately keeps track of details and deliverables
- Assesses the relative importance of tasks and activities assigned
- Begins to apply judgment, with support, to make trade-offs on time and resource allocations when faced with competing demands
- Utilizes resources to complete tasks; tracks own efficiency using reports and tools
- Begins to distinguish between activities and tasks that add differing levels of value; begins to determine potential improvements to impact quality
- Demonstrates attention to detail and a continuous improvement mindset; double-checks accuracy of own output to ensure high quality delivery
- Identifies areas where efficiency and process improvement are needed within own work area
- Supports process improvement by implementing ideas and approaches presented to them
- Investigates and applies existing, defined solutions to known issue types, based on process and data
Who you are:
- You have a minimum of 1 year of applicable experience
- High School diploma or equivalent related experience
- Functional/Technical Skills
- You are known to take initiative (e.g., proactiveness, problem solving, "go get what's next")
- You possess good time management skills (e.g., prioritization, attendance, timeliness)
- High attention to detail (e.g., quality assurance, peer review
- Communication skills (e.g., verbal, non-verbal, written, listening)
- Technical skills (e.g., ERP Systems, Excel)
- Basic industry knowledge preferred but not required
- You can provide a high level of customer service skills (e.g., stakeholder management, conflict resolution)
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership. View our full list of benefits.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia iscommittedto creating an inclusive workenvironmentwith a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.