Country Finance Associate
DescriptionEstablished in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 8,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Our regional team operates across the Middle East bringing international experience delivered within the context of the region and its culture. We can bring the collective knowledge and experience of more than 328,000 people across the entire global PwC network in advisory, assurance and tax to help you find the value you are looking for.
Job Description & Summary
- The country finance support forms a key team within the OneFinance community for PwC ME.
- The team is responsible for all day to day finance operations in country and for the smooth running of finance requirements for countries.
- The Job Holder is a key member of the team, responsible for the day to day support and administration required.
- Responsible for performing accounting work according to PwC Approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting the daily finance tasks arising locally in country including country finance processing requirements
- Supporting the finance senior officer and manager providing task management as required
- Ensure all country finance matters are addressed and promptly responded to
- Support the on-time and accurate payment of vendors
- Support the on-time and accurate finance requirements of the country (CSP / COO) Finance Manager
- Support the monthly closing of accounts and finalizing monthly accounts
- Respond to ad-hoc requests in a timely manner
- Prepare standardised reports or summaries, and other documentation required for the Accounts Payable function
- Prepare reports for adjustment, booking and charging integrity, billing and payment information
Learning & Growth
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- College level education with a focus in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
- Good level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Good calculation and analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Capability to work well in a team
- Good liaison skills
- Good customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.