Tax Advisory Specialist
DescriptionEstablished in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 8,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.Our regional team operates across the Middle East bringing international experience delivered within the context of the region and its culture. We can bring the collective knowledge and experience of more than 328,000 people across the entire global PwC network in advisory, assurance and tax to help you find the value you are looking for.
Job Description & Summary
The tax advisory specialist acts as the primary contact for the business, providing tax advice on various matters such as contracting, VAT implications, and credit note approvals.
They manage FATCA/CRS requests, handle US compliance, and assist with economic substance reporting.
The tax advisory specialist prepares WHT relief forms/templates.
Additionally, they provide tax training and guidelines to the business.
- Point of contact for the business for tax advice: Contracting (CIT, WHT, VAT implications), VAT on invoicing, credit note approvals
- Manages FATCA/CRS requests and other US compliance (including check-the-box elections for ME Group)
- Preparation of necessary WHT relief forms/templates (including obtaining TRCs if relevant) for prompt payments
- Assists with economic substance reporting
- Provides tax training and guidelines to the business
- Including such other duties that may be assigned to you by your manager (do not remove)
- Understanding of tax laws and regulations.
- Ability to analyse financial data and identify tax issues and opportunities.
- Detail-oriented and accurate in preparing and reviewing tax-related documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with clients and other departments within the company.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of tax preparation and research software.
- Adherence to ethical standards and integrity in dealing with sensitive financial information.
- Financial management
- Cash management
- Tax Management
- Risk management
- Strategic thinking
- Relationship management
- English; Arabic preferred
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or related fields is required.
- A minimum of 5 Years