Capital Planning Senior Manager
We recognise the value in having people with a variety of backgrounds, experience and skills in our business. That means the role requirements here should be seen as a guide, not a checklist. If you have more, less or different experiences, but really relevant skills, we’d love to hear from you.
We work flexibly and will help you to find a healthy balance of remote working and time in our fantastic Southampton office, collaborating, taking part in events and getting to know people that makes working with us so rewarding. We welcome the opportunity to discuss reduced hours and job share arrangements.
As a capital-intensive organisation, with declared ambitions on driving the return on our asset base, the effective financial planning and financial management of our projects is key to the delivery of our long-term strategic goals.
Accountable for the operation and development of the planning and reporting processes associated with Carnival UK capital and project expenditure, you will support the Executive leadership teams through providing insight and challenge to business project plans aligned to the organisations strategic objectives.
• Leading and developing the capital and project planning processes for the organisation
• Managing and enhancing the investment decision sign off process, forecasts and planning process
• Supporting and challenging capital decision making processes where necessary
• Direct line management of one team member
Our role categories range from CUK15 (entry level) to CUK1 (Brand President) so you can clearly see internal development opportunities. This role is a CUK06 and is offered on a full time, permanent basis, with at least two days based in our Southampton office.
Fresh ideas and different perspectives are what excite us most and help us to succeed. Alongside bringing these to the role, you’ll also need:
• A thorough understanding of the principles of accounting, or will be a qualified Accountant
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• Commercial acumen with an analytical mindset
Being part of our team has its advantages…
We’re a holiday company so we know there’s more to life than work. Our comprehensive range of benefits are designed to help your personal and financial health and wellbeing.
• A friendly welcome with help settling in
• Home and office-based hybrid working (minimum two office days)
• Regular office events including live entertainment, lifestyle events and charity partner fundraisers
• Extensive learning and development opportunities
• Annual bonus
• Minimum 25 days leave, bank holiday allowance and holiday trading scheme
• Employee-led networks
• Employee Assistance and Wellbeing programmes
• Recognition scheme with prizes and awards
• Employee Discounted Cruising plus Friends and Family offers
• Contributory Defined Contribution Pension scheme
• Company paid private medical and dental insurance and health assessment
• In-house Occupational Health help and access to digital GP
• Life Assurance
• Parental and adoption leave
• Employee Shares Plan
• Electric Car and Cycle to Work schemes
• Onsite restaurant offering range of healthy cooked and grab and go meals
• Discounted retail and leisure via discounts portal
Please note: Being able to create unforgettable holiday happiness is a brilliant opportunity so we often receive high volumes of applications for our roles. In these cases we may close our job adverts early and aren’t able to consider applications once this happens.