Audit Associate -Contractual (Bangalore/ Gurgaon/ Hyderabad/ Ahmedabad)
The Audit Associate will be responsible for preparing financial statements with disclosures, applying basic areas of GAAP as necessary and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position may also be involved in reviews and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
- Applies knowledge and understanding of the collective effect of various factors on establishing or enhancing effectiveness, or mitigating the risks, of specific policies and procedures by: Identifying and considering all applicable policies, laws, rules, and regulations of the firm, regulators, or other authoritative bodies as part of engagement team; Making constructive suggestions to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures; Documenting and validating the operating effectiveness of the clients internal control system.
- Applies knowledge and understanding of governing principles; applying these principles to client transactions; and documenting and communicating an understanding and application of these principles by: Providing support of conclusions with authoritative literature; Drafting basic sets of financial statements with disclosures; Researching intermediate areas of accounting and forming an initial opinion on the correct treatment independently;
- Applies knowledge and understanding of professional standards; application of the principles contained in professional standards; and the ability to document and communicate an understanding and application of professional standards on an engagement by: Developing and applying an intermediate knowledge of auditing theory, a sense of audit skepticism, and the use of BDO audit manuals; Applying auditing theory to various client situations; Documenting in line with BDO policy, identifying deviations and notifying more senior team members in order to obtain appropriate approvals; Applying knowledge to identify instances where testing may be reduced or expanded and notifying more senior team members of the occurrence ; Contributing ideas/opinions to the engagement teams;
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required Masters in Accountancy or other relevant field preferred Semi Qualified CA/ ACCA/ CPA
- Minimum 3 months of experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools preferred
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Ability to follow instructions as directed Ability to work effectively in a team setting Ability and willingness to travel, as needed, required Takes appropriate actions without being asked Basic understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit of a basic public and/or private company