Regional Tax Assistant manager - Global Brand
Excellent organization with strong market branding
Work with a high performing team, across multiple business units
Our client is one of the renowned pharmaceutical organisations globally. They hold an unique competitive in the range of products they carry. Greater China is one of their focus regions and the organization has committed a growth strategy for China over the next 10 years.
Reporting to the Regional Tax Manager / Senior Manager, the RT(A)M is a key contact for all relevant tax matters for a variety of countries' operations (including some countries with multiple entities and associated multiplier on workload) and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage the outsourced compliance process for taxes including.
- review tax filings
- coordinate with shared service accounting (FFS), business process outsourcer (BPO) & local finance teams.
- collaborate with above stakeholders regarding periodic calendars.
- Discuss with Regional Tax Manage / Senior Manager to deliver against key initiatives/enhancements, including.
- Refine and deploy process manuals for taxes.
- Work with FSS and with reference to global standard GL, prepare/update decision trees for accounts payable and general ledger usage purposes from China tax perspective.
- Effectively track and assess key enterprise tax risks, including the risk of non-compliance, for global supply chain from China tax perspective
- Assist Regional Tax Manage / Senior Manager in cooperation with US Corporate Tax Group and Regional Leadership in offering local country perspective on relevant taxes regarding the execution of business transactions, initiatives, contracts, M&A, tax controversy or any other tax questions and issues as they arise.
- Maintain appropriate supporting documents for tax returns in accordance with local rules and ensure that a full audit trail is available in the event of an audit.
- General knowledge of tax challenges associated with large multinationals
- 3-5 years' experience with tax in either a large accounting firm and/or large multinational company
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting or similar discipline, together with a specific qualification regarding taxes, whether from a professional qualification or focused certificate / diploma / masters. CPA / CTA is a plus.
- Hands on experience with tax filing, provision, and reporting.
- Experience with SAP will be an advantage, together with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Competitive salary; based on experience & background
- Fantastic platform with excellent career prospects
- Global organisation with strong market branding and reputation
- Immediately start at a great place
By submitting an application for this role, you agree to Michael Page collecting your personal data (possibly sensitive data), sharing it with third parties and where applicable exporting it to parties outside of mainland China.