Asset & Wealth Management - Senior Associate - Galway/Limerick
DescriptionOur collective blend of expertise and experience makes PwC a great place to work. PwC Ireland welcomes top talent from all backgrounds to join us at the start of what will be your lifelong journey of development and discovery. Let's see where your talent could take you.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Financial Services Audit practice, within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
Our team helps financial organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. Our clients cover industries within banking and capital markets, private equity, insurance, and consumer finance. While many of the rules of business have changed, the fundamentals haven’t. You’ll work alongside senior members of the client’s management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client’s information.
Our specialist asset and wealth management group is the largest in Ireland with over 391 professionals and 15 Partners, who work with our extensive global network to provide you with world-class support. Our integrated approach offers market insights and experience that are second to none across all kinds of asset managers, fund service providers and products. Our expertise extends to hedge funds, private equity, UCITS, ETFs, money market funds, real estate funds, private credit/debt funds and more.
Whether our clients focus is on growing revenue, integrating successfully, operating globally, improving efficiency or reducing costs, our cross-functional asset management advisory, assurance and tax services we are sure to be able to assist our clients.
Why chose Limerick or Galway:
By choosing a career with PwC in our Midwest Offices, you will join a team that is constantly growing. You will work with some of the leading companies in the Midwest and be part of a highly talented and experienced PwC team. There are so many incentives to choose life in the Midwest. Whatever your reason - better quality of life, shorter commute times, lower living costs - you will be excited by what all these areas have to offer.
The average commute time is just 24 minutes and 80% of those who have moved say they now have a better balance between their working and home lives. Whatever your living circumstances, these areas are more affordable - the cost of living is on average 23% lower than Dublin. These areas offer the best of both worlds, city life with country living. The midwest locations are a gateway to the Wild Atlantic way allowing you to discover some of Ireland’s most breathtaking scenery.
If you are someone who enjoys getting out and about to unwind after work, there are endless ways to do so. Why not take a walk on the beach or explore some of our rugged coastline? We look forward to welcoming you.
Senior Associate Responsibilities:
The Senior Associate role in the Asset Management group involves taking charge of a broad variety of audits from planning to completion. The Senior Associate is responsible for organising and managing client assignments and projects including the completion of assignment tasks and project components as well as coaching, advising, and directing team members.
- Updating existing knowledge of the investment fund industry through research and attendance at specific industry training courses;
- Leading an audit team and setting the audit approach to the engagement, which makes effective use of team members’ skills and is within budget - ensuring the file is set up in line with the PwC approach to investment funds and auditing standards;
- Liaising onsite with clients to obtain relevant information in order to resolve any queries and to identify causes/risks on issues requiring further consideration.
- Identifying the key business and audit risks of a client and investigate all audit issues to arrive at a solution or proposal
- Researching and resolving technical queries from clients
- Work closely with the tax department to ensure that the taxation figures for the audit are finalised within the required time.
- Ensure Manager/Senior Managers (or relevant Partner) are informed on a regular basis on the progress of the audit and relevant issues in respect of budget constraints.
- Reporting on audit findings to the Managers/Senior Managers and Partners and in particular raise any issues arising during the audit which may impact on risk.
- Preparing reports detailing issues found and recommending corrective and preventative actions to resolve them.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent from a recognised international accounting institution
- At least 3 years practice accounting experience in a Big 4 firm or other international accounting firm.
- Investment Management experience is essential
- Detailed understanding of Irish GAAP
- Knowledge of US GAAP/ SEC and International Accounting Standards would be an asset
- Business Acumen - use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in the market and utilise this information to assist your clients in making innovative business decisions.
- Relationship management - ability to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Creative - demonstrate an ability to contribute to new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Enthusiastic team player with a passion to coach and encourage others to achieve their potential.
- Ambitious – demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
Create your future with us.
The world of work has changed and we are changing with it! At PwC, we believe that challenges are better solved together. A career with us means joining a purpose led and diverse, global community where you will do meaningful work with our amazing clients.
Our culture is unique and what sets us apart. Our people really are at the very heart of our business. So, when you join us, you will be empowered to work flexibly in a way that works for you, your clients and the teams around you, supporting your wellbeing.
We work tirelessly so that you can unlock your full potential and give you everything you need to take your career where you want it to go. We appreciate what you bring to our culture, our team and our clients and we recognise and celebrate you for it. Our tech-powered and global capabilities come together so that you can make an impact not only to clients and our teams but on the world around us too.
Of course, we also offer all the perks you would expect from a leading employer for every stage of your journey with us. From everyday flexibility to working from abroad, learning and development or reward and recognition. We have best in class inclusive and family friendly perks and policies that meet you where you are- in your life and in your career.
PwC is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we believe passionately in employing a diverse workforce so much that we have signed up for the Business in the Community Elevate Pledge.
We recognise that confidence and the imposter syndrome can sometimes hold you back from applying for your dream job. Whatever your path is or however you identify, please don’t hesitate to apply - we would love to hear from you!
You can learn more about how we are driving a culture of belonging at PwC, and explore our range of inclusive programmes, initiatives, employee resource groups and more, by visiting our website.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.PwC Ireland is committed to creating an environment that promotes equality and dignity at work. Working together in an inclusive environment enables us to harness the collective and complementary skills, knowledge, background, and networks of our people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.