Assurance Asset & Wealth Management Regulatory Advisory - Senior Associate Dublin
Our collective blend of expertise and experience makes PwC a great place to work. PwC Ireland welcomes top talent from all backgrounds to join us at the start of what will be your lifelong journey of development and discovery. Let's see where your talent could take you.
Job Description & SummaryPwC Ireland- Bring Your Talent, Grow Your Skills, Unlock Your Potential!
The Asset & Wealth Management (AWM) Group is the largest Assurance market sector and provides audit and advisory services to asset management companies, fund administrators, depositaries and investment funds.
We are the market leaders within the asset management sector in Ireland.
As a member of the AWM Regulatory Advisory team, you will be responsible for working with asset management clients in Ireland and overseas, to provide regulatory advisory services and will be involved in multiple regulatory and compliance projects. This also involves assisting clients with the requirements of the Central Bank of Ireland.
Purpose-led work you’ll be part of
As a Senior Associate in the AWM Regulatory Advisory team, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing services and advising asset managers looking to establish new regulated funds, fund service provider entities or investment firms in Ireland.
- Providing regulatory expertise on client projects where Asset Management regulatory expertise is required (UCITS, AIFMD, MIFID II, EMIR, AML, CP86, ESG/SFDR and Outsourcing projects).
- Compliance management including the design and implementation of compliance frameworks, compliance audits and training/support services.
- Advising on risk management including the review and development of operational risk management policies and procedures.
- Responding to regulatory change including conducting gap analysis of new requirements against current practices.
- Executing Central Bank of Ireland regulatory related remediation projects.
- Involvement in developing new business opportunities and working closely with other departments within PwC to do so.
- Reviewing current and emerging trends and developments in local and international regulation and analysing the implications for AWM clients.
- Assisting in producing articles, publications and thought leadership pieces on regulatory developments within the AWM industry.
- Developing relationships with clients, industry bodies and the Central Bank of Ireland as well as the development of relationships throughout the PwC network.
Experiences and skills
- Minimum of 3 years experience working within the AWM industry.
- Knowledge of applicable asset management regulations such as UCITS and AIFMD directives, MiFID II, EMIR, CP 86, ESG/SFDR etc.
- Experience of working in an operational asset management or asset servicing environment would be desirable.
- Experience of dealing directly with regulatory authorities.
- Understanding of operational processes and systems, with an appreciation of the concept of controls and risk management in a regulatory environment.
- Ability to understand/interpret new and existing regulatory requirements within the AWM industry.
- The candidate is required to have a keen interest in identifying and researching potential service offerings to clients within the AWM industry.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written are required.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Legal/compliance qualifications /AML experience is desirable.
- Experience of Tableau/Alteryx/Power BI is desirable but not required.
- A relevant primary or advanced degree.
Unlock your potential with PwC Ireland
We believe that challenges are better solved together! We’re inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you’ll be a part of amazing teams encouraged to collaborate and innovate in a way that creates powerful solutions and makes a positive impact. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development and encouragement, will help unlock your potential and take your career to the next level.
Enjoy PwC’s perks
We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive employee benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at Life@PwC. ( https://www.pwc.ie/careers-ie/life-at-pwc.html).
Being appreciated for being you
Our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe this so much that we have signed up for the Business in the Community Elevate Pledge. ( https://www.bitc.ie/the-leaders-group-on-sustainability/inclusive-workplace-pledge/)
You can learn more about our culture of belonging and explore our range of inclusive programmes, initiatives, employee resource groups and more at www.pwc.ie.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply, we’d love to hear from you!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
PwC Ireland is committed to creating an environment that promotes equality and dignity at work. Working together in an inclusive environment enables us to harness the collective and complementary skills, knowledge, background, and networks of our people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.