Data Analytics and Assurance Senior Associate | RAS | Dublin
DescriptionOur collective blend of expertise and experience makes PwC a great place to work. PwC Ireland welcomes top talent from all backgrounds to join us at the start of what will be your lifelong journey of development and discovery. Let's see where your talent could take you.
Job Description & Summary
We deliver technology-enabled solutions to help our clients harness their data and turn it into valuable insights. Our team provides services to our clients to allow them to have confidence and trust their data, highlight inefficiencies and streamline processes in order to maximise performance and help them solve important problems with digital solutions.
We have extensive experience in the financial sector, however, our range of data analytics services and experience covers many industries, where we deliver innovative solutions that cater to our clients specific business needs.
We offer a range of services and have the expertise to help translate our clients data into business values which include;
- Digital Trust and Confidence in Digital and AI
- Insights through Data and Analytics and Reporting
- Digital Transformation, including Automation
- Digital Audit
- XBRL and ESEF
The Role and responsibilities:
The role involves working closely with management to oversee the delivery of data and analytics solutions to a wide range of clients in a number of contexts including commercial and operational optimisation, business transformation, regulatory reporting, internal audit, external audit and taxation.
- Meeting clients and obtaining a detailed understanding of their data, processes and systems
- Assessing the quality and reliability of client data and advising them on remediation plans
- Obtaining large volumes of data from client system, transforming the data into standardised formats and loading for subsequent analysis
- Tailoring existing data analytics applications or designing and building bespoke data analytics engines/visualisations to meet specific client objectives
- Interpreting the results of analytics to provide meaningful insight to clients
- Reviewing the work of junior team members to ensure quality and completion of assignment tasks within agreed time frames
- Taking responsibility for delivering work in line with engagement objectives and budget
- Work as an effective team member during an engagement by communicating relevant issues, requesting feedback and coaching junior team members
- Developing and maintaining personal networks within PwC and in the marketplace
- 4 years’ experience in a data analytics or similar role
- Experience in supervising the work of others
- Experience in dealing with client management and staff
- Exposure to professional services an advantage
- A master’s degree in Analytics, IT, Mathematics, Business or a related field;
- A bachelor’s degree in IT/ Mathematics or Business and a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent from a recognised international accounting institution);
Skills and tools
As a Senior Associate of our team you will have the opportunity to deliver these services to our clients using a combination of our customised methodologies and a range of software packages and programme languages including Excel, Alteryx, Power BI, SQL, ACL, VBA, SAS and Access.
Unlock your potential with PwC Ireland
We believe that challenges are better solved together. We’re inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you’ll be a part of amazing teams encouraged to collaborate and innovate in a way that creates powerful solutions and makes a positive impact. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development and encouragement, will help unlock your potential and take your career to the next level.
Enjoy PwC’s perks
We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive employee benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at Life@PwC. (https://www.pwc.ie/careers-ie/life-at-pwc.html).
Being appreciated for being you
Our most valuable asset is our people and we recognise you for it - ensuring you feel like you belong and that you are valued and rewarded for the great work you do everyday. PwC is an equal opportunities employer and creating a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve is hugely important to us.
We believe this so much that we have signed up for the Business in the Community Inclusive Workplace Elevate Pledge. (https://www.bitc.ie/the-leaders-group-on-sustainability/inclusive-workplace-pledge/)
Our Inclusion First strategy puts inclusion at the heart of our culture - supporting an environment where individuality is embraced, diversity is celebrated and inclusion is valued. Check out our culture of belonging and explore our range of inclusive programmes, initiatives, employee resource groups and more at our website.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply, we’d love to hear from you!
We will ensure that everyone is supported throughout and, if required, provided with reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please email us for more information.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
NoPwC Ireland is committed to creating an environment that promotes equality and dignity at work. Working together in an inclusive environment enables us to harness the collective and complementary skills, knowledge, background, and networks of our people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.