IT Risk & Assurance - Manager - Limerick/Cork
DescriptionOur collective blend of expertise and experience makes PwC a great place to work. PwC Ireland welcomes top talent from all backgrounds to join us at the start of what will be your lifelong journey of development and discovery. Let's see where your talent could take you.
Job Description & Summary
A career within IT Risk and Assurance (ITRA) in our Risk Assurance regional team, will enable you to assist clients in optimising IT control activities, organisational strategy, and policies and procedures. Your recommendations will shape our client’s broader strategic response to IT risk. You’ll help to highlight their current capability to manage threats and identify target areas for investment.
As companies pivot toward a digital business model, exponentially more data is generated and shared among organisations, partners and customers. We play an integral role in helping our clients ensure they are protected by developing transformation strategies focused on security, efficiently integrate and manage new or existing technology systems to deliver continuous operational improvements and increase their IT investment, and detect, respond, and remediate threats.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the Directors and Partners of the Risk Assurance team.
- Identifying leads and delivering consulting projects (Cyber, BCP, Data privacy, SWIFT CSP, IT Governance, etc.).
- Providing advice to clients on IT Governance, Cyber, Business Continuity, Data privacy and other IT related matters.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Develop new skills outside of your comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Seizing business development opportunities to work on proposals to offer our services to new potential customers.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Education / Professional Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in commerce, finance, technology, computer science or similar fields;
- CISA, Cyber, BCM and IT Governance certifications would be a significant advantage; and strong knowledge of IT audit methodologies, tools and techniques
- The Manager grade requires a minimum of five years progressive IT Audit or IT Consulting experience in an accounting firm, or equivalent experience as an IT auditor within private sector;
- Good grasp of the COBIT fundamentals which underpin IT audits;
- Exposure to SOX related IT reviews which includes automated controls, IT general controls reviews and baselining system generated reports;
- Knowledge of IT and IS practices standards and frameworks (eg. COBIT, ITIL, ISO 27000, ISO 22301), including experience in the field of audits in accordance with those standards;
- Knowledge in GDPR requirements and experience in related projects;
- Project management skills and ability to reconcile differing requirements and expectations;
- Ability to prioritize, supervise projects and solve problems; and
- Proven ability to perform multiple tasks in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with people across all levels of an organisation;
- A genuine interest in providing high quality service to clients;
- Excellent planning and organising skills;
- Ability to coach and mentor junior staff;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving & organizational skills;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously;
- Ability to work under deadlines.
Why you’ll love working for PwC (Benefits)
We want you to love every minute of your career. But we get it: each stage of life comes with a new set of priorities and demands. This is why we support you with a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. There’s something for everyone. Here’s just a flavor:
- A competitive compensation package with a defined career path
- Paid overtime up to Manager grade
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Subsidised healthcare insurance
- Wedding leave and gratuity, paid maternity leave, new parent leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- “Everyday flexibility”: Supporting you with where, when and how you work for your wellbeing and enabling you to to be productive and balance your working and personal life
- “Hybrid working”: A blended arrangement where you can blend working from home, at the PwC office or client site depending on business, client and team needs
- “Flexible Friday”: A 3pm finish on Fridays through the Summer and ahead of bank holidays
- On-site gym and shower facilities, fitness classes and wellbeing services
- On-site restaurant, shop, dry cleaning service and phenomenal coffee, treats and eats in our newly refurbished food market Plant & Bean
- Commitment to digital transformation. All our employees attend our Digital Academy Training
- A dedicated team of Learning and Development professionals who work to deliver an evolving training framework. It’s our goal to continuously develop our employees' technical and professional skills
- Training is centered around the “PwC Professional” our global leadership framework. It focuses on developing your core skills to become an authentic and inclusive leader for all levels
- You’ll be paired with mentors to help you develop your skills, diversify your experience and support you in achieving your career goals
- We’ve over 3,000 people working in PwC Ireland, and we hire over 300 graduates every year along with 300+ experienced hires so there is always lots going on with different societies and social events and you can get involved in as many or as little as you want.
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) is really meaningful to us also and last year we were certified by the Business Working Responsibly Mark. The Mark assesses outstanding CSR and sustainability and looks at leadership, policies, practices, performance, and impact in areas such as; employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, innovation, environmental practices, supply chain management and engagement with the local community, and we are one of only 29 companies in Ireland to achieve this.
- Creating a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve is hugely important to us and last year we signed up to Elevate - the Inclusive Workplace Pledge. By signing up to this Pledge, PwC have committed to building and supporting a workplace that is equal and representative of all members of Irish society. We are only 1 of 50 companies in Ireland who have signed up.
- Be Well, Work Well is our name for everything we do to help our people stay well and the support we provide when they need it; helping you perform at your best, at work, at home and everywhere in between. We know that there are many aspects to wellbeing, and so we’re constantly expanding our approach and offerings to our people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.