Sr Internal Audit
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
Kerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment.
About the role
The Senior auditor is seen as an important team member. As a Senior within internal audit team, you will be involved in assessing the Risk and the adequacy of mitigation measures across all parts of the business thereby providing you with exposure to both financial and operational areas of the organization.
Internal audit at Kerry is very rewarding. The Internal Audit Department report directly to the Audit Committee / Board with an independent, unbiased assessment of the Company’s Risk Management, Governance and Internal Control processes.
- Internal Auditors enjoy huge variety in their work, unlike many financial accountant roles
- Internal auditors gain a unique insight of a commercial organizations operations, conducting reviews across all areas of the business.
- You will enjoy high levels of exposure to Senior Management throughout the Group thereby strengthening your network for future internal career opportunities. Internal audit within Kerry can be viewed as a management training ground. Several prior internal auditors have moved on to occupy key and very strategic roles within Kerry!
- Due to the nature of the work, you would be required to travel overseas to perform audit activities. Travel will mainly be in the region you are recruited in but can include audits throughout the Group. Travel typically consists of 1 - 2 week trips per month, returning on weekends when feasible. Annually, all Internal Auditors travel to Ireland for a global staff conference!
- Assist in the delivery and timely issue of audit reports and findings with an emphasis on value added recommendations to ensure risk is managed appropriately
- Responsible in identifying control opportunities within operations, determining associated factors and recommending solutions
- Be able to work on ad-hoc and specialist projects, being able to multi-task and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Take an active role in ensuring that non-compliances identified in past audits are timely and effectively remediated by auditees
- Efficiently and effectively plan, execute and report on audits carried out at the Group’s locations worldwide.
- Contribute in making a positive contribution to the Group’s Risk Assessment & Reporting processes and overall management of internal control, corporate governance and risk management.
- Ensure to display a strong professional image to finance and other management in the divisions and at corporate head office to ensure that the output of the Internal Audit Department is received enthusiastically.
Qualifications and skills
To enhance the quality and maturity levels of our internal audit function, we strive to hire the very best talent thus keeping the competency levels of our staff at the highest levels. We are looking for leaders of the future. Below are the sought after qualifications that we look for in candidates:
- A minimum of a bachelors degree in accounting or other related subjects from a reputable or accredited college or University.
- A qualified Accountant CPA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIA, with practice or multinational experience
- A minimum of 3 years of auditing experience (Internal or external). With experience at the senior role level
- Strong ICT (Microsoft Office) skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A proactive, high achiever capable of consistently delivering quality work, strong attention to detail and an ability to take ownership of projects
- Highly analytical and objective with the ability to challenge the status quo
- Strong Project Management experience and ability to meet deadlines
- A curious, positive mind with the capacity to present complex data in an easily understood format
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here.
Beware of scams online or from individuals claiming to represent us. A Kerry employee will not solicit candidates through a non-Kerry email address or phone number. In addition, Kerry does not currently utilise video chat rooms (e.g., Google Hangouts) to conduct interviews. Refuse any request that asks you to provide payment to participate in the hiring process (e.g., purchasing a “starter kit,” investing in training, or something similar). Kerry will not ask you to pay any money at any point in the hiring process with the exception of reimbursable travel expenses. In addition, any payments made by Kerry will be from official firm accounts bearing the Kerry name.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.