Vice President - Legal Entity Control
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management, and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and a strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve, and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives, and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records and by contributing to firm-wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as an advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The Legal Entity Controller team is responsible for the Legal Entity Reporting function of the Firm. The team is responsible for the review of all financial and other reporting prepared on behalf of the entity population; presentation of monthly/quarterly financials to Senior Management, driving the control and automation agenda/ sharing accounting treatments / analysing impact, and leading the presentation of Financials to the Board.
- Building and leading an effective team
- Management and development of staff
- Responsible for maintaining key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally including Legal Entity Controllers, Product Control, Statutory Auditors, Board of Directors etc
- Overall responsibility for legal entity Controller team Includes review of:
- Monthly and Quarterly Financial Reporting
- Statutory financial reporting
- US Federal Reserve entity-level reporting
- Local regulatory reporting
The role will also require participation in the:
- Re-engineering and standardisation of processes
- Driving Entity optimisation
- Ongoing initiatives and projects
- Contributing to the reporting control framework, ensuring compliance with client requirements and internal policy
- Automation initiatives
- Strong Accounting knowledge across various GAAP's
- Experience in managing, developing and leading teams
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in verbal/writing and present to various types of audiences complex issues in an easy-to-understand manner
- Strong communication skills clear, concise, and appropriate method of delivery
- Experience with establishing and meeting critical deadlines, as well as tracking and driving execution
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexibility to change priorities as new situations present themselves
- Shows the ability to identify and analyse the situation through gathering relevant information to understand the root cause
- Risk awareness and good guardianship skills
- Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic who works effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Shows a willingness to learn from others and increase own knowledge base
- Takes responsibility for own tasks and proactively looks for opportunities to increase responsibility
- Candidates should possess the Professional accountancy qualification (CA/CPA) necessary, with relevant experience
- Candidates should possess excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient in data mining summarising and presenting themes and results in a meaningful format
- Knowledge of financial products that are used in the financial services industry, such as Derivatives, securities lending, and repos, and an awareness of the issues would be preferred
- Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.