Business Restructuring Executive - Cross Border And Contentious Insolvency
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions entrepreneurial organisations need to navigate today’s changing world.
We work with the companies that are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and directly advise the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors, and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team works across strategy, operations, and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straightforward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
Leading organisations trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with them and building long-lasting relationships.
You’ll be someone who is both comfortable working proactively and managing your own tasks, as well as confident collaborating with others and communicating regularly with senior managers, directors, and BDO’s partners to help businesses effectively. You’ll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing our delivery and providing additional services to organisations we work with.
You’ll be someone with:
Experience in cross-border and contentious insolvency is desirable but not a requirement. A successful candidate should have a desire and willingness to develop their understanding of the following areas:
- Antecedent transactions and other potential causes of action available to an officeholder, and the ability to identify and pursue these in the context of a variety of corporate insolvency processes.
- A working knowledge of basic legal processes would also be of benefit, as would experience of dealing with CFA/ATE/litigation funding solutions.
- Flexibility to deal with different types of appointments, including Court appointments and in overseas jurisdictions.
- Good knowledge of the underlying corporate insolvency processes, combined with the ability to effectively and efficiently progress caseloads under the supervision of senior team members.
- Ability to prepare written reports of a high standard, including on matters of an often complex nature.
- Graduate - studying towards a relevant professional qualification (ACCA / CII), with an appropriate amount of insolvency experience
- Non- Graduate - demonstrating relevant work experience
- Ability to develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge
- Demonstrate an understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements
- Excellent written and numerical skills
- Gain a good grounding in matters covered in the CII syllabus and work towards a position of readiness and competency to study for this qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant computer packages specific to the business stream preferred.
- Good organisational skills to manage your time and ensure no tasks are overlooked
- Have a willingness to learn new things and thrive on new challenges
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer every colleague the opportunity to work in ways that suit you, your teams, and the task at hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for the companies we work with and satisfying experiences for our colleagues, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in you. Across the UK thousands of unique minds continue to come together to help companies we work with to achieve their ambitions
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity, and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.