Audit Manager - FAAS
We are Grant Thornton. We go beyond business as usual, so you can too.
Grant Thornton Ireland (GT) has over 2,500 people in 10 offices across Ireland, The Isle of Man, Gibraltar, and Bermuda, with a presence in over 130 countries around the world, and a global network of over 62,000 people
At GT, we work as trusted advisors, bringing local knowledge and national expertise, with a global presence, to help businesses succeed – wherever they are located. We make business more personal by investing in building relationships and empowering our clients to make the right decisions for their organisation now and for the future. Whether that is working with the public sector to build thriving communities, with regulators and financial institutions to build trust, or with a diverse range of businesses to help them achieve their goals, Grant Thornton Ireland work hard to support clients to act on the issues that matter.
At GT Ireland we don’t just predict your future, we build it.
A Career at GT
Looking for a more fulfilling role in professional services? One where fresh thinking, collaboration and diversity are valued? At Grant Thornton we do things differently.
What does this mean for you?
A career in a more inclusive working environment, a more collaborative work culture, a more supported, flexible working role, more possibilities to grow and more opportunities to help shape the future for your clients. We respect and value your experience. And we want you to bring your authentic self to work and be at your best. It is how it should be.
Grow with us
At Grant Thornton, we care about our people and work hard to make you feel valued. If you are looking to deepen and develop your skills, knowledge, and experience throughout your career, then that is what you will get, and more.
The Grant Thornton FAAS department is a specialist team who primarily service complex large scale and Multinational Companies (MNCs), focusing on being a centralised point of contact for their global requirements. Our experienced and multicultural teams are experts in areas of Global Compliance and Reporting Solutions (GCRS) and Audit and Accounting Advisory (AAA) – both operating through our Centre of Excellence in Ireland, Flexible People Solutions, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Global Payroll Solutions (GPS).
- Take responsibility for a portfolio of FAAS audit clients which includes Irish/UK and international audits;
- Overseeing the detailed audit work of assistant managers and seniors on audits
- Liaising closely with clients in relation to planning and closing meetings, and discussing business developments generally
- Reviewing audit work papers
- Provide guidance/expertise and participate in the performance of audit procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues.
- Assist the team including motivating them, allocating on the job tasks for audits and completing staff and job allocation, job planning, training needs, staff issues, identification of resources required etc.;
- For the more technically demanding audits, there may be the need to on-site manage and assist in the performance of complex sections such as Share Based Compensation, Revenue Recognition and other critical areas as defined in the audit process.
- Supervise and train more junior members of the dedicated FAAS staff to ensure that firm standards are maintained throughout the entire audit process;
- Playing a key role in the development of new business, through participation in industry and potential client focus groups.
Individual’s experience, skills and attributes
- ACA/ACCA qualified with 5 years post-qualification experience in audit;
- Experience from a top-ten firm
- Audit experience of large Irish companies or multinational entities;
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS and Irish GAAP;
- Some knowledge or awareness of US GAAP would be a benefit;
- The ability to motivate and manage staff under tight deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Previous experience with documenting testing, results and finding in an electronic auditing package;
- Experience of working as part of a team supporting others; and
- Be commercially aware.
Life at GT
Reward and benefits:
Our reward and benefits are designed to create an environment where our people can flourish. We are committed to building a culture where our people have access to the necessary benefits to help promote a healthy lifestyle and thrive.
Inclusion and diversity:
Included and valued for your difference is how everyone should feel at work. Not just because it is right, but because we are all at our best when we are able to be ourselves. So, when you join Grant Thornton, we will work hard to ensure that is how you feel. We want you for who you are. We are excited to see the personality and perspectives you will bring to our team because we know we will all benefit from them.
Diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision-making, improves the quality of our delivery, and helps us to meet the needs of our clients. Our firm is built on people and their ideas, so we want to hear all the new perspectives and fresh thinking you have to offer.
We want to create a culture of recognition and celebrating success, by saying thank you to people who surpass our expectations and recognising the right values and behaviours. Our Shout Out recognition scheme is our way of highlighting and promoting achievements. Whether you simply want to say thank you, celebrate a special occasion or give an award for doing something exceptional, you can do all of this and more through the scheme.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.