Trade Operations Specialist, Officer
Who we are looking for
State Street is seeking a Trade Operations Specialist, Officer for our Trade Operations team.
The Trade Operations Specialist, Officer is responsible for trade processing, settlement, and reporting of bank loan activity. The Officer will act as a subject matter expert and handle matters of complexity, including project work.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Trade Operations Specialist, Officer you will
- Perform and oversee trade processing functions including timely resolution of manual and automated processing issues as needed.
- Drive timely settlement coordination of bank loan trade activity with multiple parties. Heavy phone and email communication with clients and other external parties in addition to internal team communication. Key contributor in cultivation and maintenance of effective working relationships.
- Maintain clear and concise trade status comments on unsettled trade activity. Deliver material updates to clients on regularly scheduled and ad hoc bases.
- Serve as first point of escalation for complex and sensitive issues including reconciliation support and fail resolution. Lead resource on new, non-standard, and/or production ad hoc activities.
- Prepare analyses and publish various client and internal management reporting for day-to-day production as well as prioritized initiatives.
- Recommend operational process flow improvements to management team. Serve as project lead on delivery of prioritized continual improvement initiatives.
- Comply with company policies and controls including compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures.
- Train new hires as needed. May provide input for performance management purposes.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented critical thinker with proven record for accuracy and problem solving
- Strong organization, time management, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated capability to multi-task daily workload with ad hoc projects
- Adept at shifting priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-touch, team environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. VBA is a plus.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BS or BA degree in Finance, Economics, or related discipline
- Minimum 8 years of investment management operations experience
- Technical knowledge of LSTA/LMA par/distressed processing and settlements
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
$65,000 - $102,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.