Director - Non Financial Risk - Operational Risk Audit (Internal Audit)
We're seeking someone to join our team as an Auditor for the Global Operational Risk Internal Audit coverage team. This professional will be a member of the Global Risk Management Internal Audit Team within the Firm.
In the Audit division, we provide senior management an objective and independent assessment of the Firm’s internal control environment for risk management and governance. This is an Director level position within our Business Audit, which is responsible for inspecting controls in front, middle and back offices.
Morgan Stanley is an industry leader in financial services, known for mobilizing capital to help governments, corporations, institutions, and individuals around the world achieve their financial goals.
At Morgan Stanley India, we support the Firm’s global businesses, with critical presence across Institutional Securities, Wealth Management and Investment management, as well as in the Firm’s infrastructure functions of Technology, Operations, Finance, Risk Management, Legal and Corporate & Enterprise Services. Morgan Stanley has been rooted in India since 1993, with campuses in both Mumbai and Bengaluru. We empower our multi-faceted and talented teams to advance their careers and make a global impact on the business. For those who show passion and grit in their work, there’s ample opportunity to move across the businesses.
Interested in joining a team that’s eager to create, innovate and make an impact on the world? Read on…
What you’ll do in the role:
- The successful individual will oversee the global Operational Risk audit portfolio, which involves:
- Assist in performing of audits across the regions focusing on all aspects of both the core Operational Risk Management framework (e.g. Operational Risk Incidents, Scenario Analysis, RCSA, Top Operational Risks etc.).
- Ensuring execution of the audit plan within Departmental methodology, policies and standards.
- Communicating with senior management to discuss results of test work
What you’ll bring to the role:
- At a minimum, the successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate the below skills & experience:
- 6 - 9 years' experience, with basic technical understanding of core operational risk management concepts and methodologies, preferably having worked in risk management internal audit in a major bank/financial institution with trading activities.
- Basic understanding of relevant regulatory requirements as they pertain to core Operational Risk concepts and associated emerging risks (e.g. cyber, electronic trading), and of financial products generally.
- Experienced to build and maintain credible relationships with senior management, ideally in a Risk function,
- Proficient in verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to write clear and concise findings, recommendations and reports.
- Good analytical skills, with proven ability to assist in audits/reviews on technical concepts.
- Experienced to effectively multi-task and manage multiple competing deliverables within tight timeframes without compromising on quality of output.
- Good understanding of audit resource management, including overseeing the team's forecasts and ensuring audits within their portfolio are appropriately staffed at all times.
- Experience in dealing with regulators and understanding their expectations in terms of documentation, closure verification work and coverage of relevant regulatory requirements.
- College degree. Master's Degree preferred.
- Skills Desired
- ACA, CPA, CIA, CFA. FRM qualifications is a plus
- Expertise in risk management related to cybersecurity, e-trading, vendor risk or general trading-related risk would be beneficial
We are committed to maintaining the first-class service and high standard of excellence that have defined Morgan Stanley for over 85 years. At our foundation are five core values — putting clients first, doing the right thing, leading with exceptional ideas, committing to diversity and inclusion, and giving back — that guide our more than 80,000 employees in 1,200 offices across 42 countries.
At Morgan Stanley, you’ll find trusted colleagues, committed mentors and a culture that values diverse perspectives, individual intellect and cross-collaboration. We Firm is differentiated by the caliber of our diverse team. While our company culture and commitment to inclusion define our legacy and shape our future, helping to strengthen our business and bring value to clients around the world. Learn more about how we put this commitment to action: morganstanley.com/diversity We are proud to support our employees and their families at every point along their work-life journey, offering some of the most attractive and comprehensive employee benefits and perks in the industry.
- Monday to Friday from 12:00PM to 9:00PM India time with flexibility on standard working hours for time sensitive matters.
- Periodic evening calls with US and EMEA Internal Auditors and auditees.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.