Statutory Financial Reporting Accountant
Our client seeks a Statutory Financial Reporting Accountant to join their team in the Isle of Man
Assist the Group’s Statutory Financial Reporting and Financial Planning team with the external financial reporting process, including assisting in the preparation of IFRS financial statements, the Annual Report and relevant filings; assisting in the preparation of financial reports and related materials and their distribution to senior management, Auditors and the Audit Committee.
Assist with research and documentation of technical accounting memos and policies for complex business issues and transactions and assist with financial planning and analysis across several of the Group’s categories
- Assist with the preparation of IFRS and AIM compliant Statutory Accounts for the Group;
- Assist with the year-end audit and mid-year interims process, being the key main contact person with the auditors;
- Assist with the Annual report preparation; Research and assist in the resolution and documentation of IFRS technical accounting issues;
- Create new and update existing internal accounting policies to ensure it aligns to IFRS and to enhance internal control;
- Interact with Finance teams across the Group to ensure complete and accurate disclosures;
- Production of various reports to external customers e.g. shareholders and analysts;
- Assist with bank covenant reporting to ensure accurate and on time reporting;
- Prepare and maintain process documentation and drive improvements to financial processes and the internal control framework;
- Assist with forecasting and budgeting in support of the Group’s growth areas;
- Assist with the Group’s category profitability framework analysis;
- Lead and support Tax planning matters such as updating Transfer pricing, Management Recharges framework, as guided by external advisors; Perform special projects and other duties, as assigned.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidate must be ACA/ACCA qualified with a recognised firm and ideally have experience with AIM listed companies;
- Membership to ACA or ACCA (or equivalent) is required.
- Intermediate/Advanced excel skills
- Experience with AIM listed companies an asset
- Experience with manufacturing/engineering companies is desirable.
- Attention to detail is a must
Why the Isle of Man?
Boasting huge lifestyle benefits such as short commutes, breath-taking scenery, excellent schooling, plenty of outdoor activities, sports and clubs, the Isle of Man makes a compelling proposition for you and your family. The first country to be recognised in its entirety as a UNESCO Biosphere region – this island truly covers all the bases.
The Isle of Man operates a simple taxation regime with a lower rate of tax on individuals of 10%, a higher rate of 20% and generous personal allowances. They also offer a relocation National Insurance rebate scheme.