Internal Auditor – DGF, Malaysia
About DHL Group and Internal Audit:
DHL Group the logistics provider of the world with over 580,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories. We are an organization that is not just moving goods around, we have a very clear purpose, and we are: Connecting People. Improving Lives. We provide challenges and opportunities for personal and professional development, we recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the largest world leaders in logistics and supply chain.
Corporate Internal Audit of DHL Group performs worldwide audits across all business units and supporting functions, e.g., Finance, IT, Compliance of the group. We provide independent and objective auditing services and audit-related consulting services with regard to compliance requirements for the Board and Senior Management. Become a member of our international team and support us with your expertise, your creativity and your flexibility. As our business keeps growing, we want you in our APAC region.
Ready to immerse yourself in the exciting world of Internal Audit? Join the team and bring your expertise on board! As part of DHL Group, you will be working with a global network of Internal Audit colleagues and benefit from a wide range of development opportunities.
We are looking for an immediate, full-time, permanent position in APAC at Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.
Conducts internal audit assignments in the APAC region
Specific Role and Challenges:
- Participate in audit teams (typical 2-3-person teams);
- Plan and conduct process-oriented financial and operational audits within the Asia-Pacific region;
- Identify and present audit issues and recommendations to senior management;
- Deliver an audit report with audit issues and recommendations for submission to senior management;
- Provide country management with cost effective recommendations to mitigate business risks and strengthen internal controls;
- Monitor the implementation of audit recommendations;
- Willingness to travel within the Asia-Pacific (approx. 50% or more if need business needs dictate); and
- Be culturally open as the candidate will be working with a multicultural team
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Qualified accounting certification such as CA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA
- CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) qualification will be a plus
- Minimum 3 years of audit experience in the Big Four public accounting firms or internal audit experience in multinational companies
- Experience in operational auditing will be an added advantage
- Fluency in English and at least in one Asian Language (Mandarin language will be preferred)
- Strong communication skills (i.e. able to provide both verbal and written information in a timely, clear and concise manner and expresses ideas effectively, adjusting style, tools and mode to the needs of the organization, able to explain technical issues to non-specialists
- Good team player
- Excellent verbal communication, with ability to explain technical issues to non-specialists
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Interest in other cultures and high degree of integrity
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time (or more if business needs dictate)
- Big Four auditing/consulting experience and/or DHL Logistics business experience
- Hands-on experience of financial accounting and reporting
- Knowledge of IFRS Accounting Standards
- Knowledge of internal audit standards (CIA certification)
- Great opportunity to work for the biggest logistics company in the world
- International and virtual environment
- Flexibility and great opportunity to learn
- Tempting Compensation and benefits
DHL Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.