We are looking for a Semi/Senior Auditor to join our client's audit team to work on the financial audits of their local and international clients in accordance with International Standards on Auditing, in order to obtain the required evidence to issue an appropriate audit opinion.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a full-service certified public accounting practice specializing in tax, audit and financial planning services and is located in Birkirkara.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The selected candidate will be responsible for performing and leading the financial audits of their local and international clients in accordance with International Standards on Auditing, in order to obtain the required evidence to issue an appropriate audit opinion.
- Pre-audit planning for audit engagements.
- Reviewing of their clients’ accounting procedures.
- Conducting audit tests.
- Reviewing audit documentation and preparation of documentation to support audit jobs.
- Preparation of financial statements.
- Interacting with their clients and managing the field audit approach together with the Supervisor/Manager.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Must have at least 2 years' experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of CaseWare is considered an asset.
- Prior experience on consolidations is considered an asset.
- Forming part of an audit team the selected candidate must have effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be independent, proactive, flexible and committed.
- Proficient in English (and ideally Maltese) both written and spoken.
- Must have computer literacy in MS Office.
Must possess or be in the final stages of achieving a qualification in accounting (ACCA or University Degree).
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- €25K - €35K p.a.
- Flexibility in starting time, from 08:00 till 09:00, 40 hours per week with 30 minutes break to be taken at your pace.
- Performance bonus in June (mid-year).
- Performance Appraisal in Dec/Jan.
- CPE hours plus Memberships paid.
- Sponsor ACCA, first sitting of any exam plus lectures will be paid by the client with 3 days study leave.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!
ABOUT IRIS THAUMAS
IRIS THAUMAS LTD is certified to ISO 9001:2015; licensed Employment Agency/Employment Business (EA #181); and Certified SRPS (MLC 2006 SRPS).