We are looking for an Audit Assistant to join our client's team. You will be assisting the audit seniors and performing assigned audit work based on a risk-based approach and identify audit issues. You will also have the opportunity to establish a working relationship with their clients and business partners alike. This position provides an excellent personal development opportunity. The successful candidate will form part of the firm’s audit and assurance team and will report to the audit senior and/or audit manager. You can expect to learn, get involved, be empowered, work on a diversified portfolio of clients and feel first-hand the valid contribution you are making to their client's operations.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is one of the leading multi-disciplinary audit, accounting, tax, and advisory firms and is located in Birkirkara.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support to Audit Seniors.
- Perform assigned audit work based on a risk-based approach and identify audit issues.
- Review accounting systems and controls and identify any weak areas.
- Prepare audit documentation in accordance with International Auditing Standards and the company Audit Manual.
- Establish working relationships with clients and business partners.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 6 months experience in audit will be considered an asset.
- Good user of Microsoft Office and basic knowledge of accounting.
- You are a team player and self-motivated.
- You have an analytical mind as well as an eye for detail.
- You possess excellent spoken English and writing skills.
An ACCA professional qualification with passes in the first three modules, and/or holds a degree in Bachelor of Commerce.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary.
- Flexibility in starting time, from 07:00 till 09:30, 40 hours per week with 60 minutes break.
- Five (5) working days plus the day of the exam as Special Leave with Pay are given for every ACCA first sitting; a second sitting will only entitle the candidate to the day of the exam.
- Health insurance.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!
ABOUT IRIS THAUMAS
IRIS THAUMAS LTD is certified to ISO 9001:2015; licensed Employment Agency/Employment Business (EA #181); and Certified SRPS (MLC 2006 SRPS).