State Street Global Advisors, Client Executive, Vice President
About State Street
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and is given equal opportunities to meet their full potential regardless of their identity, origin or gender infuses our day-to-day efforts. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Join us.
At State Street Global Advisors, our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. Our vision is to be the first investment call for every institutional investor and financial intermediary.
In order to achieve SSGA’s Mission and Vision, our Investment Solutions Group will drive delivery of a robust mix of innovative solutions to our clients, while delivering a best-in-class service experience within a culture that values diversity, collaboration, and learning.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an energetic professional to be a Client Executive in our Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) group. Based in Dubai, the OCIO Client Executive will serve as an extension of client staff and be the primary, single point of contact for OCIO clients in the Middle East and Africa (MEA). This person must be able to identify, articulate and advocate client needs regarding governance and investments.
Specific responsibilities include 1) coordinating delivery of OCIO solutions by collaborating with the investment strategist responsible for investment recommendations, 2) managing governance activity such as committee and board meetings, and 3) inspiring client confidence by providing an end-to-end investment solution that greatly exceeds expectations. Importantly, this person will identify and coordinate client deliverables via internal teams that handle investment strategy, implementation, reporting, performance analytics, audit, billing, compliance, operations, and onboarding. This person also will interface with external teams that handle custody, accounting, legal and tax.
This position reports to the managing director, Head of Client Engagement – Investment Solutions Group. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated record delivering holistic investment solutions as an OCIO provider, investment consultant, wealth advisor, asset owner, or administrator.
Why this role is important to us
This role will contribute to SSGA’s strategic priority to expand in the Middle East. You will be the first OCIO Client Executive based here. You will be part of SSGA’s Investment Solutions Group (“ISG”). In addition to OCIO, ISG’s offerings include asset-liability modeling, asset allocation, model portfolios, open-architecture manager research, portfolio rebalancing, liquidity management, exposure management, and overlay hedging.
What you will be responsible for
As Vice President you will:
- Own the end-to-end OCIO client experience
- Serve as an extension of client staff
- Present to client investment committees and boards, inclusive of client training sessions
- Advocate and deliver on client needs by directing and collaborating with teammates and other stakeholders
- Partner with sales team to best demonstrate SSGA’s OCIO value proposition and that of the broader State Street organization
- Be the first call from clients
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Familiarity with the needs of asset owners in the Middle East and Africa
- Thrive in a business-building environment
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with respect to managing an investment program in its entirety
- A passion for long-term relationship-building
- A focus on delivering solutions rather than products
- Able to develop and maintain productive relationships with internal and external constituents
- Willingness and ability to take a proactive leadership role to satisfy clients
- Appreciation of the importance of risk excellence when representing a global financial services firm in emerging markets
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years investment experience as an OCIO provider, investment consultant, wealth advisor, asset owner, or administrator
- Academic background in finance, economics, business, or a related field
- One or more of the following (or similar) credentials: MBA, CFA, CAIA, CPA
- Willingness to travel across the Middle East and Africa
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.