Custody Servicing, Sr. Consultant Client Service
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Asset Servicing, Custody group within Global Fund Services is comprised of multiple service teams that service over 1,400 client appointed investment manager relationships and over 400 self-managed client relationships in North America.
The Senior Consultant, Client Servicing, reports to the Custody Servicing Manager and is responsible for sustaining relationships with and delivery of high quality daily service for complex client and client appointed IM relationships. This includes interfacing with internal partner areas to address complex issues, leading process improvements for complex clients, acting as a technical resource for members of the team and an escalation contact for internal and external partners. The Sr. Consultant works with the business unit, operational teams, and clients to understand needs and is responsible for enhancing the client service experience.
The Sr. Consultant has extensive custody operations knowledge and is a self-starter, driven, problem solver, detail-oriented, organized, consultative, and analytical, who can maintain high levels of service for complex clients and who can effectively use their skills to identify areas for improvement and drive the implementation of the improvement. Candidate should be highly flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and adaptable to change. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Technical knowledge of asset management and custody processes, as well as process improvement experience is required. Role is focused on daily servicing of complex client relationships and solutioning of the challenges related to those clients.
- Develop and maintain relationships with complex investment managers, or clients, and internal Northern Trust partners or groups to better understand the needs of the investment manager, or client, and articulate those needs in order to collaborate on query resolution, process improvements and other service enhancements
- Understand client's end-to-end process flows, business needs and deliverables, and ensuring adherence to relevant service level agreements.
- Resolve complex inquiries and escalations where expertise is required to interpret policies, guidelines, and/or processes. Facilitate solutions that ensure operational excellence.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external partners. Interact with various internal partner groups to aide in or facilitate in the resolution of complex issues and inquiries across the many global markets the investment managers or clients invest.
- Understand market and industry trends and translating to stakeholders. Contribute to the development, maintenance, and adoption of standards as market, policies change.
- Actively involved in ongoing training for new hires and other members of the service team
- Analytically and procedurally competent, representing the team on cross-function process or project deliverable.
- Identify and lead process improvement opportunities, shortcomings, and requirements for complex issues related to clients, or client-appointed investment managers, collaborating across the operations organization to drive outcomes.
- College degree or relevant work experience in client servicing or asset servicing operations preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment where adaptability and multitasking are critical for success and development. Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of general investment, finance and business concepts, usually acquired through formal education or experience, is preferred
- Critical thinking, analytical problem solving, and organizational skills are required to identify and resolve issues, as well as to enhance ongoing personal development.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.