HR Compliance Consultant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Role/ Department: HR Compliance Consultant/ HR ER and Compliance
The HR Compliance Consultant will be responsible for overseeing the review, interpretation, and dissemination of current and proposed laws and regulations. Provides consultation and advice to partners regarding Compliance risk avoidance. Establishes business development strategies to minimize risk and assure compliance with applicable laws and regulation.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Review internal/external regulatory change for determination of applicability, rationalization, and to assign next steps.
- Communicating with stakeholders to facilitate information flow, assign next steps, and document rationale.
- Manage impact assessment process for the U.S., which includes assignment, review, and reporting. Provide due diligence oversight of the global impact assessment process.
- Contribute to the maintenance of internal regulatory inventory as it pertains to regulatory change.
- General support of the internal Compliance Management application that facilitates regulatory change, including maintaining training materials and recommending procedural/system changes, and support of the larger enterprise regulatory change framework.
- Work on special projects, advise on and implement process efficiencies.
- Advises business partners, including senior management, on HR Risk and Compliance programs and applicable laws, regulations, rules, and standards, including keeping them informed of developments or changes that may affect their area.
- Compliance-related laws, rules and standards, including keeping them informed of
- Participates in developing Compliance programs and acts as a contact point within the company for Compliance inquiries from employees.
- Participates in establishing written guidance on the appropriate implementation of Compliance programs and laws, regulations, rules, and standards, through policies and procedures and other documents, such as Compliance manuals, internal codes of conduct, and practice guidelines.
- Identifies, measures, and documents Compliance risk to enhance Compliance risk assessments and assess the appropriateness of the company's Compliance procedures and guidelines.
- Identifies situations which may pose significant Compliance risk and guides management in developing policies and/or procedures that minimize risk.
- Interacts with business partners and internal and external auditors on regulatory topics.
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of Compliance risk avoidance.
- Serves as a subject matter expert or other resource within a group for regulatory Compliance matters.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Knowledge of risk management and the Company’s strategic goals.
- Familiarity with law and regulation hierarchy/structure and global regulators.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, acquired through formal education and work experience, is required (approximately 3- 5 years of experience).
- Analytical and communication skills are necessary to consult with and communicate information to partners/clients; to analyze and summarize information, and to apply laws and regulations to the Company’s business.
Working Model: Hybrid (#LI-Hybrid)
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.