CBS Manager, Finance (Kuching)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Join our Finance team and you will help enable EY client account teams and management to run the business effectively. You’ll help to improve engagement profitability, manage enterprise wide risk and support market development activities. You will support EY planning, reporting and forecasting and analysis, or help EY people manage day-to-day activities, such as managing engagements, process and auditing time and expense or invoice processing. You’ll also work with other parts of our organization, sharing your financial experience and insights to achieve specific goals. You’ll get all the support you need to stay on top of regulations — and the advice and help you‘ll need to meet your own professional goals.
Your key responsibilities
- Supporting the firm financial planning cycle (Financial Plan, Forecast) processes focusing on the firm indirect expenses, including reinforcing key operating assumptions, challenging plan integrity and alignment with agreed targets, and providing reporting & analysis for leaders review and approval.
- Performing analytical review and provide financial modeling and analysis services to function leaders in support of business planning and operational decision-making.
- Provide regular support and insightful performance analysis to facilitate better understanding of business performance of respective functions.
- Collaborating with the functions as well as other global and regional finance teams to ensure a timely month-end close as well as accrual of expenses.
- Review the reasonableness and accuracy of the recharge and allocation of central shared costs and central cost pool recharge and allocation among service line.
- Supporting and executing global and local finance policies, assist in formulating and implementation of accounting and internal control guidance and processes.
- Lead and undertake ad-hoc financial reports and projects as assigned.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree or professional qualification in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Professional accounting qualification (CA, CPA & ACCA) is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years working experience, preferably in functional finance operations
- Excellent command in both written and spoken English
- Proficiency in MS Office. Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Ability to lead change, highly motivated team player with positive attitude. Possess good leadership and management skills
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to work under pressure
- Analytical and proactive in problem solving
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.