Kreston Reeves is currently hiring for an Accounts Senior to join on a permanent basis in Horsham.
We are so much more than just accountants, business and financial advisers…
Our purpose is to guide our clients, colleagues, and communities to a brighter future.
- To manage the delivery of accounts and tax work across the service line, ensuring team members adherence to required standards, where work is completed on time, to standard and within budget.
The Accounts Senior will be responsible for:
Scope/Reach & Key Relationships:
- All those involved in the delivery of accounts and tax work
- Partners & colleagues who are key stakeholders in work across the service line
- Client contacts
- Supervision of semi seniors & assistants
- Government bodies and external organisations such as HMRC
- Controlling a portfolio of clients comprising individuals and owner managed businesses
- Preparation of accounts for companies, partnerships, LLP’s and sole traders
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and computations
- Preparation of partnership tax returns and adjusted profit computations
- Preparation of personal tax returns and computations
- Review of VAT returns
- Use of online accounting packages
- Ensure the implementation of all relevant client work ensuring effective team workflow
- Arrange & lead accounts planning meetings so as to maximise implementation of immediate resources
- Ensure completion of processing for clients in other managers/senior manager/director portfolios
- Ensure full implementation of all client work in line with agreed budget ensuring adherence to The Kreston Reeves Way standards of performance document, with completed accounts and tax returns ready for partner/director/senior manager sign off
- Monitor work progress and ensure appropriate levels of communication with all clients and internal stakeholders on progress for each key task or phase
- Research and seeking to resolve issues for upward communication in more complex clients or higher risk aspects of work
- Complete administration on client files and set up relevant file reviews ensuring all sections are of a standard to be reviewed by a manager
- Where agreed, review the work of assistants
- Clearance of manager/director/partner review points as appropriate
- Provide assistance to other members of the service line as required
- Prepare bills and monitor WiP for director/partner/manager to review as required
- Act as a key point of contact for any offshoring resource
- Act as a key point of contact for nominated clients so as to manage all their compliance & other service requirements
- Attend client meetings as required
- Return phone calls and written correspondence to all of the above within required deadline and ensure promises are kept
- Attend review and close down meetings for others’ clients as required
- Ensure client hygiene factors are in place, AML, Know Your Client reviews, engagement letters, etc
- Supervise semi seniors & assistants who are involved in production and delivery of work
- Ensure clear task plans & milestones for each piece of work
- Provide feedback to all team members involved in specific work on adherence to standards, errors, learnings, and opportunity for adding value
New Business Development:
- Support the team in delivering the required departmental incremental fee target via networking, meeting attendance, business pitches & presenting at webinars
- Start to develop internal Kreston Reeves connections across the Service Lines to assist in identifying and supporting cross referral opportunities
Kreston Reeves LLP
- We’re committed to living by our purpose and values - 'Understand’, 'Look ahead’, 'Make it personal’, 'Be crystal clear’ and 'Be human’. And have created a culture in which we strive for our clients, colleagues, and communities to thrive.
- We work as a team and have a wide range of skills, specialisms, and expertise amongst us. We pride ourselves on being a socially responsible employer and have a very active Corporate Social Responsibility programme which holds us accountable against four of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals - 'Good health and wellbeing’, 'Quality education’, 'Reduced inequalities’ and 'Climate action’.
- Kreston Reeves is an equal opportunities employer committed to fostering a diverse, fair and inclusive culture. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for our roles and equal consideration will be given to every application.
- Our people are our core asset so it’s important to us that we create an environment where they are recognised, included, and valued.
What's in it for me?
Kreston Reeves is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect:
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Opportunities to develop a varied portfolio of work with different clients
- Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
- A genuinely supportive and collaborative environment
- A culture of learning in a stimulating environment
As well as this, we offer:
Leave – We offer a generous annual leave allowance, Holiday buying (up to 5 days), Agile working
Retail – Restaurant cards (Gourmet Society and Tastecard), Discount shopping, Fabyouless
Mental Wellbeing – Employee assistance programme and counselling
Physical Wellbeing – Vitality PMI/Westfield Hospital Treatment Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance , BMI Health Assessment, GymFlex, DNAFit, Annual flu jab
Financial Wellbeing – 5% matched contribution pension, 2x salary Life Assurance , Westfield Health Cash Plan , 50% Income Protection for 5 years, Increase to Life Assurance, Increase to Health Cash Plan, Options to increase pension, life assurance and healthcare cash plan (yourself and/or family)
CSR – Give as you earn, 1 day off to take up volunteering opportunities. Opportunities to support our commitment to charitable causes
Travel – Cycle to work scheme, Travel Insurance, Interest Free Season Ticket Loan (London only) , Interest Free Car or Motorbike Loan
Recognition – Monthly nominations for financial awards based on culture and values demonstration, fair and transparent meritocracy
Development – We offer continuous support and development with clear mapped progression routes across the business. Access to a calendar of training courses run internally and externally, offer paid professional subscriptions
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging – We operate several Family friendly policies, offer Childcare vouchers and take proactive steps to create an inclusive environment
Kreston Reeves celebrates and promotes diversity and acknowledges that difference brings value to our business. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome an application from you regardless of your race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We believe in creating an even playing field for all of our colleagues, where we can all belong.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.