Compliance Analyst, HR
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Role/ Department: HR Compliance Analyst/ Human Resources
Under general supervision, provides support for Human Resources Risk and Compliance programs, including researching, tracking and reporting on current federal, state and local employment legislation; developing processes to ensure compliance with applicable employment laws, and other duties, as assigned.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assists HR Risk and Compliance Officer in Northern Trust’s HR Risk and Compliance programs.
- Researches, tracks and reports changes in laws and regulations.
- Assists in EEO record-keeping, including provides statistical analyses of employee population; assists ER partners in formulating guidelines and conducting briefings for management and HR.
- Supports the maintenance of HR’s Compliance Tracker and New Laws and Actions Taken log and provides support to the HR Risk Governance Group, as required.
- Assist in the operational execution of key policies and processes, including the Mandatory Absence Policy and key personnel identification process
- Tracks compliance poster requirements and ensures that all appropriate posters are displayed in NT offices.
- Supports delivery of HR Risk and Compliance training, including the monitoring and reporting on partner completion of requirements.
- Manages medical accommodation requests.
- Updates appropriate procedural changes.
- Identifies and escalates to management any regulatory compliance risks.
- Assists in the construction and distribution of reports for various governmental agencies and RFPs.
- Researches and assists in the development of reports and solutions for issues being addressed by Human Resources as assigned by Corporate Compliance and by BU Management.
- Provides support to actions assigned by Corporate Compliance and HR Management as necessary to resolve compliance issues, including actions in response to Regulatory exam findings.
- Assists in the development of key metrics and management information.
- Maintains a library of key documents.
- Participates in all applicable training.
- Assists in the processing of invoices and performs other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- In-depth functional / industry knowledge
- Risk management, compliance, and/or legal background preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and strong organizational skills are required to ensure that deadlines are met. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
Working Model: Hybrid (#LI-Hybrid)
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.