Accounting Associate I
- Record financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, sales invoices), into clients’ and Aegis’ accounting software.
- Calculate depreciation, update fixed asset register, and enter values into accounting software.
- Recommend and data enter adjusting and estimate journals (including accruals and prepayments).
- Maintain journal file.
- Reconcile all trial balance accounts (deemed necessary) and investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare VAT and Tax computations and prepare Returns with a medium degree of complexity and complete supporting schedules. Has the ability to explain basis of calculation.
- Prepare and design schedules and reports to clients’ and or department’s specifications.
- Prepare Working Paper File (WPF), Management Accounts (MA) Statutory Accounts (SA) and referencing of WPF, MA and SA (both in soft and hard format).
- Assist with preparation of audit working paper file and attend to auditors’ requirements and recommending solutions to discrepancies.
- Draft Financial Statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Financial Reporting Standards for Small and Medium Enterprise (IFRS for SMEs).
- File (in CCH and clients’ files), copy, fax and mail correspondences.
- Create and maintain permanent files, process flow and procedure document for all assignments.
- Review, coach and identify correction of coding and data entry including narrative entered by Trainees, Associate 3 and 4.
- Document and file coaching notes and responses in clients’ files.
- Develop a good understanding of the organisation’s policies, procedures, forms and relevant accounting software.
- At least three years’ experience in an accounting environment. Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Accounting or pursuing Level II ACCA. Proficient in Microsoft Office Working knowledge of accounting software An understanding of Tax and VAT laws and regulations as well as an understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
Apply for Accounting Associate I
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly