Senior Consultant, International BPS (Professional Firms)
Are you an experienced executive with Malaysian / Singaporean audit experience? Looking to progress further in your career while you intend to bring your current learning and experience to your next (more) interesting and fulfilling job?
The International BPS (Professional Firms) team brings the synergies of digital Business Process Services to international professional firms. We help professional firms outside Malaysia transform the scalability of their professional departments by adopting the combined synergies of digital technology and a competent Malaysian professional accounting team.
As a Senior Consultant, you will use your professional knowledge and experience with financial audits, leading assignments, coordination with clients, and service delivery to optimize operational efficiency and client experience.
- Assist the team Manager in assignment and management of specific tasks and work streams
- Develop, maintain, monitor tasks and assignment recovery rates under the guidance of the Manager / Supervisor
- Perform role as Lead Coordinator for assigned components of an engagement while report accordingly on progress, matters arising and matters of concern throughout an engagement to the engagement manager / leader
- Assigns work to fellow / subordinate team members based on section of assignment that you are taking lead role, while perform quality assurance reviews of work papers
- Work with team members to meet or exceed targeted utilisation hours
- Assist with team management and administrative matters
The International BPS (Professional Firms) Team
Transcending the traditional concept of BPO (Business Process Outsourcing), the BPS team specialises in working with our international professional firm clients to explore feasible use of new technologies that empower professional firms to improve operating effectiveness through process improvements, shared services, and outsourcing while deliver business performance and growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualification such as MIA, ACCA, CPA Australia, ICAEW, etc. (both fully qualified and semi qualified welcomed to apply)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional financial audit experience
- Competent command of professional English language skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of ISAs, IFRS / MFRS / SFRS and key provisions from the Companies Act
- Prepared to learn and train on rules and practices of foreign jurisdiction(s)
- Experience in leading single professional assignments through peak period
- Have experienced (or observed your superiors in) assignment planning process, budgeted hours, assignment time management and quality assurance for professional assignments
- Demonstrate confidence and maturity to work under pressure, in a virtual setting, with an international team
- Demonstrate maturity and capability to work with fellow team members while assist to develop junior members of the team
- Candidates seeking a promotion from their current position e.g. Semi Senior / experienced Associate are encouraged to apply
Advantageous if you also possess one or few of the following:
- Self-driven and possess inclination towards use of technology for professional services
- Open to learning new technical knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Possess competent working knowledge with audit software and advanced MS Word, MS Excel
- Possess complete / fully qualified accounting qualification
Being a digital-focused organisation, we expect you to work productively and comfortably in a hybrid work environment. You should have the ability to seamlessly transition between a virtual work environment and a physical office (based out of Bangsar South City) as the situation requires. We believe that our work is not bound by physical borders. Similarly, our team members are effective and productive regardless of work location.