Corporate Tax Manager
We are TC Group. We’re business advisors and accountants. With over 30 years of experience, we’ve honed our skills and developed our service offering to deliver a much wider range of bespoke support and advice to ambitious business owners and their businesses.
TC Group is growing and changing at quite a pace! We’re an ambitious group of people with the same aim – to create a consistent, high-quality experience for our clients. Like us, our client list is growing – we’re supporting more and more of the UK’s ambitious business owners, SME’s and large Corporations and it’s a real team effort. We’re helping them make courageous decisions to grow their businesses.
Our key to achieving this is through our knowledgeable, energetic and agile team who work hard to assist our client’s businesses, helping them not only with their day-to-day business needs but also to build and deliver their business strategies, goals and ambitions.
We always seek the best talent, looking for individuals who are technically brilliant, solution-focused and continually strive to be the best in class. Each member of our team plays an integral part in creating the unique feel and culture of our business, which in turn helps us continue to grow, develop and evolve.
About the role:
Our Leeds office have an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Tax Manager to join our organisation and deliver a high quality service for our clients.
A generous remuneration package includes:
- Competitive market rate salary dependent on experience
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday per year (in addition to bank holidays) increasing by one day per each year of service (up to a maximum of 5 days), plus your birthday off.
- Access to our corporate reward scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to develop your skills and progress within the Firm
- Relaxed and friendly working environment
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Managing and maintaining a portfolio of both audit and non-audit clients, ensuring their compliance needs are met
- Attending our audit clients on-site to prepare draft computations alongside the audit process
- Nurturing and developing junior staff
- Assisting with the preparation of complex corporate tax returns for large group companies operating in a wide variance of industry sectors
- Preparing ERS returns and CT61s as appropriate
- Identifying and implementing tax planning opportunities, particularly R&D claims, share schemes and capital allowances reviews where appropriate
- Assisting tax partners with specialist tax consultancy projects, including corporate reconstruction work
- Managing own flow of work and delegating appropriately
To be a successful Corporate Tax Manager, we are looking for the following knowledge and experience:
- At least 5 years relevant accountancy practice experience working in corporate tax, ideally with previous managerial experience
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CTA/ICAS or qualified by experience
- Excellent client relationship skills and the ability to nurture existing clients as well as the ability to help develop new business and demonstrate technical breadth
- Ability to explain complex tax issues in plain English for all levels of understanding
- Technical proficiency and good IT skills specifically intermediate Excel. Previous experience of using CCH is an advantage
- As the role may require you to travel to client premises it is vital you hold a current driving licence and have your own transport.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are based in the UK and unfortunately we are unable to provide Visa Sponsorship.