Junior Accounts Assistant
The Junior Accounts Assistant will be given the opportunity to learn from and assist more senior team members with the management of their client portfolio. The successful candidate is expected to show an eagerness to grow in his/her career and a willingness to build a lasting relationship with clients.
The duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting members of the accounting team in the fulfilment of accounting tasks in relation to their portfolio of clients, including filing and other administrative duties;
- Posting transactions in accounting software and reconciling supplier and debtor balances;
- Performing bank reconciliations as directed by the other team members;
- Assisting in the processing of payments on behalf of clients from various bank accounts;
- Supporting members of the accounting team with the VAT return workings and completion of vat returns;
- Ensure that all the tasks delegated are completed in accordance with set timeframes and in accordance with statutory requirements and the standards set out by the Company;
- Liaising with Auditors, Tax and VAT Departments and MBR, as directed by the Team;
- Liaising with internal departments to obtain information and supporting documentation to allow for the timely preparation of financial statements and statutory returns.
- An excellent grasp of standard Microsoft office tools.
- Experience in an accounting role will be considered an asset but is not essential;
- A 5-star customer service attitude, ready to work with different clients and surpass their expectations;
- Excellent ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written;
- Ability to work as part of a team, assisting others where necessary to ensure all deadlines are met;
- Ability to work on own initiative and a willingness to be guided by senior members of staff;
- A commitment to develop oneself and to keep furthering one’s knowledge in the Accounting field.