Senior Consultant, Fund Accounting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
This role is part of the Australia Investment Accounting (AIA) team in Melbourne. The Senior Consultant, Fund Accounting will be responsible for oversight of the Unit Pricing and Unit Registry function for all AIA Clients. Unit Pricing is completed in Chicago, Bangalore and Manila, with the Melbourne office completing final sign-off and providing a first point of contact for the client. You will be required to work closely with the AIA teams in all three locations and to work closely with the external clients. In addition the role has responsibility over the hard Close / month end process. You will also be involved in implementation of new clients along with restructures and transitions for existing clients.
This role reports to Manager, Fund Accounting.
We are open to both Melbourne and Sydney location.
What you will do
- Ensure timely and accurate reports to AIA clients
- Provide input to process changes which would result in greater operational efficiency, direct liaison with clients whilst supporting the team manager in ensuring operational efficiency
- Liaise with the Clients and Project team on Clients restructures and ensuring they are processed correctly in Unit Pricing
- Ensure Management Reporting data is complete and accurate
- Complete Hard Close / month end process in Melbourne while working on streamlining the process
- Liaise professionally with Internal Departments, Chicago, Manila and Bangalore Unit Pricing, Bangalore Unit Registry, Auditors, and other internal teams
- Communicate effectively both orally & in written form with internal departments and external bodies
- Identify, document and disseminate new procedures and controls
- Carry out complex activities with significant financial, client and/or internal business impact.
- Previous experience in a similar role with unit pricing experience; you will be technically sound in this area of expertise and have broader knowledge of other areas
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve the multiple daily deadlines for client deliverables, with a mature approach
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Numerical and computer literacy (including spreadsheet skills) – (e.g. Excel, Word)
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required; demonstrate innovation.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.