We are seeking an experienced Accountant to join our passionate and growing Business Services team. You will be involved in working with well-established and sophisticated retail automotive clients. You'll focus on delivering high quality, value adding work while developing your career in a high performing team.
The Business Services group ensures our clients’ success by adding value in every aspect of their business through the provision of world-class advisory and compliance services. BDO's business advisers understand growth and success in the Australian and international markets and focus on helping our clients understand their business and provide practical strategies to help them succeed.
Day to day you will:
- Prepare a range of financial statements in accordance with regulatory, accounting and financial reporting standards across various industries;
- Prepare income tax returns for a variety of entities including companies, trusts and high net worth individuals;
- Perform various tax planning tasks for clients and preparing advice relating to business operations and regulatory matters;
- Providing a range of business and tax advisory services.
About the team
We are a dynamic team, focused on ensuring client convenience, proactive communication and forward thinking. Our team members work together to help each other to achieve goals while actively seeking assistance from senior team members to help build their skill set to continue to enhance client outcomes.
What you’ll need to succeed
Being a team player is crucial to our success and we expect a successful candidate will go above and beyond for their team, as we will for you. Our team based approach allows us all to get to know our clients and deliver on their goals and needs. Your background in business services, tax or accounting along with a common sense approach will provide a strong foundation for you to succeed in this role.
Additionally you will bring:
- Relationship building skills; we work as a wider Business Services team and you will need to liaise with various levels and teams across BDO as well as providing exceptional service to our clients;
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving ability;
- Excellent attention to detail and a proactive approach to work;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- Currently completing a CA or CPA qualification
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
To submit your application please click Apply. Learn more what we offer at BDO.
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUSTFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.