Controlling (Associate Analyst)_1 Year Contract
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers, and for a sustainable future.
We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to progress.
Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, orientation, and background. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
Charging & Pricing for GB Clusters in Region Asia Pacific
- Support in managing charging activities for GB in Region Asia Pacific between legal entities. This includes support in the upkeeping and management of:
- Service Agreements/ Contracts
- Service Responsibilities Matrix
- Contract and Contact Databases & Filings
- Support in achieving high level of transparency of cost charged via service charging communication and in managing requests and enquiries from service recipients and tax authorities
- Assist the manager in driving for process excellence
- Support controlling projects
Functional Tasks (inclusive but not limited):
- Manage all Charging activities for Asia Pacific (Hub KL and countries in APAC)
- Service Agreement – contract creation, update and termination including sign offs.
- Service Communication – prepare/ update the communication materials for stakeholders to ensure clarity of service and charges (annual charge out rates and forecast) rendered. This activity is reviewed mid-year and year-end, when required.
- Support the implementation and update of charging catalogues and charging methodologies
- Ensure invoicing process is implemented: legal contract, invoicing process, cost flow transparency
- Set up in Non-Trade Portal all the necessary Non-Trade Business Transactions and billing activities accordingly
- Business partnering to understand business, needs and requirements
- Ensure compliant to CSA/SCA processes in the region/country/company
- To support CSA/SCA/SLA relevant user activities in the region, when necessary
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to enhance processes and tools
- To perform other duties as and when delegated
- To support and participate in compliance audits, when necessary
- To ensure all documentations and processes are updated and compliant
- To enforce compliance to BASF guidelines and policies, Financial Reporting Compliance requirements, local regulation and statutory requirements
- To support and collaborate with Controlling team members to deliver services within agreed service levels
- To support and collaborate across teams on continuous improvement of end to end business process areas, system and tools, when necessary
- To ensure services in accordance with the service level agreement by providing a timely and accurate service
- To monitor KPIs to ensure continues improvement in operations and service to business partners
- To ensure proper and consumable documentation of knowledge
- To ensure effective knowledge transfer & sharing as for a sustainable development of knowledge within the team
- To conduct regular virtual team meetings and individual meetings when required
- Assist Manager in assigned tasks
- Provide guidance and support to Controlling team members when needed
- Establish good interpersonal relationship by collaborating with Controlling members to identify improvement potentials, recommend and support in implementing
- To contribute and support team strategic plan and objectives
- University degree or similar in Finance/ Accounting/ Economics/ Business Administration
- Part/ full chartered or certified professional accountant or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Finance/ Controlling/ Management Accounting
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Experience working with SAP BW applications, MS Office & SAP FI/CO is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of budgeting, planning, reporting processes, IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards), Controlling methods
- Proficiency in English and/ or other languages with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving
- Pro-active, self-motivated
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the regional service hub has approximately 1,100 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €87.3 billion in 2022. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.